Sign in to follow this  
ideoplastic

New MD11 for P3Dv4.3

2 hours ago, kingm56 said:

Ed, the first review is up on YouTube; it's in Japanese but you can still get a good look at the aircraft and it's capabilities.  

Thanks. Very good video, even if we cannot understand a single word!, do you?.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

5 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Cheers, Ed

Not a word. It was good to see the graphics and some of the features though. It looks like it has most things to make a standard flight. I like the integrated ground vehicles and copilot call outs.  I just wish it had the ability to execute de-rated takeoffs and a slightly more sophisticated FMC.  Still mulling it over 

Matt King

3 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

Not a word. It was good to see the graphics and some of the features though. It looks like it has most things to make a standard flight. I like the integrated ground vehicles and copilot call outs.  I just wish it had the ability to execute de-rated takeoffs and a slightly more sophisticated FMC.  Still mulling it over 

Yes, I agree with you. The plane looks very FPS friendly and the look of the VC textures is not so bad.

I downloaded yesterday all the ISG1 stuff and the panel retrofit file recommended by Ernie Alston, to eventually install those gauges (a better FMC and all the others)  if I finally jump in and buy this plane.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

On 10/19/2018 at 1:22 PM, kingm56 said:

Bob, was it able to track an ILS approach?  Also, how's the A/T? 

For those of you interested in the FMC, you can find detail information about it's capabilities here:  emarciano.free.fr/En/EasyFMC_Doc/Intro.html

No. As far as I can see the landing setup is a mess.  The ND doesn't even show the landing runway or even the destination airport.  The nav line ends at the last waypoint and leaves you to search for the destination airport somewhere in front of you if the weather is clear.

When you push App/Land G/S shows on the FMA, but it has no ILS or no landing aid at all showing on the PFD.  You are left to disconnect the autopilot and, after visually locating the runway, manually landing.

I have to say that the airplane flies very good manually and is easy to bring down to the runway and land by hand...but no autoland or even partial landing aids with the autopilot.

The autopilot has most of the normal flight functions, just now where they are supposed to be on an MD11.  For instance, in the MD11 you should select autoflight before taxing to the runway to arm it, then you run up the throttles before takeoff and select autoflight again, which will bring you to N1 takeoff speed. Then after takeoff you select autoflight one more time to turn on the autopilot.

With this MD11, you don't arm the autoflight system.  When you are on the runway, you select autoflight, bring up the throttles, then push the "Speed" button to go to takeoff speed. There is no annunciation to let you know when the autopilot is engaged, so you have to guess.

Nothing is easier to fly than a well-made simulation like what PMDG, Leonardo, FSLabs, Majestic or TFDi make.  They are predictable and consistent. Really, even Aerosoft is predictable and consistent and a pleasure to fly.

I find that these poorly made simulations keep you hanging at the edge of your seat wondering what it will do, or not be able to do next.

I will be uninstalling this aircraft now and preparing it for long-term storage at the Mohave.  Curiosity can be expensive I guess.  I'll stick it in the hanger and maybe someday they will get enough of it fixed that it will be worth looking at again.

4 hours ago, kingm56 said:

I can't understand what he is saying in the video at all, but I believe he was having trouble with the autopilot also and I noticed when he rolled the VS wheel to go down, the aircraft climbed and he laughed.  Same trouble that I ran into.

Also he didn't have any flightplan in the FMS.  I used the simulators flightplan to load the FMS, which it did.

The aircraft porpoised all the way to TD while cruising, but it will hand-fly better than it flies with the autopilot

1 hour ago, signmanbob said:

I can't understand what he is saying in the video at all, but I believe he was having trouble with the autopilot also and I noticed when he rolled the VS wheel to go down, the aircraft climbed and he laughed.  Same trouble that I ran into.

Also he didn't have any flightplan in the FMS.  I used the simulators flightplan to load the FMS, which it did.

The aircraft porpoised all the way to TD while cruising, but it will hand-fly better than it flies with the autopilot

Thanks for the input, Bob; ironically, these were some of the exact issues with V1

Edited by kingm56

Matt King

10 hours ago, edpatino said:

Cheers, Ed

Yes I understood... rotate and some giggles. 😁

What I didn't understand is why not one single clip of the outside view of the a/c while flying. 

6 hours ago, joemiller said:

What I didn't understand is why not one single clip of the outside view of the a/c while flying. 

Well, I think I understood "animations" when they were showing the opening of the windows and the movement of the co-pilot headrest. There are some outside views, from minute 33:15 on, but not too many, really.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

1 hour ago, edpatino said:

Well, I think I understood "animations" when they were showing the opening of the windows and the movement of the co-pilot headrest. There are some outside views, from minute 33:15 on, but not too many, really.

Cheers, Ed

8 hours ago, joemiller said:

Outside, the MD11 looks good.  I would say that if someone wanted to use it to make videos, it would be good for that.

Just from memory, I don't see any difference from the outside of this and the PMDG version, but it would be interesting to use screenshots and compare.

It does hand-fly nicely and would be fine if someone wanted to just hand-fly and land it. It just doesn't have any working systems.

The real MD11 is very automatic with it's systems and I never remember having to worry about setting pressurization using the PMDG MD11. It just showed on the synoptic as working fine. This MD11 gave me a cabin pressure warning that didn't make sense because everything was supposed to be on auto.

I don't think any of the systems works correctly.

30 minutes ago, signmanbob said:

Outside, the MD11 looks good.  I would say that if someone wanted to use it to make videos, it would be good for that.

Just from memory, I don't see any difference from the outside of this and the PMDG version, but it would be interesting to use screenshots and compare.

It does hand-fly nicely and would be fine if someone wanted to just hand-fly and land it. It just doesn't have any working systems.

The real MD11 is very automatic with it's systems and I never remember having to worry about setting pressurization using the PMDG MD11. It just showed on the synoptic as working fine. This MD11 gave me a cabin pressure warning that didn't make sense because everything was supposed to be on auto.

I don't think any of the systems works correctly.

LOL...video was just posted doing exactly that, Bob.  Here you go:

Matt King

Mixed fillings now. Looks better then i expected. If someone can confirm good ISG1 integration i would go for it.

25 minutes ago, KrisJ said:

Mixed fillings now. Looks better then i expected. If someone can confirm good ISG1 integration i would go for it.

+1

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

2 hours ago, edpatino said:

+1

Cheers, Ed

I'm right there with you guys; I'll prob buy later this evening an report back

Matt King

Hey Ed can you send the ISG1 panel.cfg for P3Dv4. I would appreciate it . Thanks

crodrig297@gmail.com

Edited by Coqui297

1 hour ago, Coqui297 said:

Hey Ed can you send the ISG1 panel.cfg for P3Dv4. I would appreciate it . Thanks

crodrig297@gmail.com

Mail sent!. If you have the airplane, please report how it works.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed