Sign in to follow this  
ideoplastic

New MD11 for P3Dv4.3

1 hour ago, kingm56 said:

I'll prob buy later this evening an report back

Hi Matt:

I knew you were tempted to buy this thing!. Please comment after you try it.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

2 minutes ago, Coqui297 said:

I'll and report thanks Ed

Thanks Carlos; mayber I'll hold off until your report

Matt King

Well, SkySimulation just released its first update for the MD11.  I'll load it up.  Maybe it's up there with PMDG now!

I believe that the update improved the autopilot.  It is not porpoising like a roller-coaster now

The auto flight system is very strange in this.  The autopilot works, but it doesn't work like any aircraft that I know of. There is no FMA indications that let you know that the autopilot is on. Then it seems that sometimes you have to click on the autopilot and NAV buttons several times to get them to function.  Right now it's following the magenta line very good, so we'll see if it keeps it up.

The flight mode annunciations (FMA) of the autopilot in the MD11 should be displayed in the PFD. Similar as in a Boeing or Airbus aircraft. If this is not simulated by SS, then good night.

Edited by Cargostorm

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Great review. I am wondering though whether the exterial animations to open/close the cargo main door and for the aircraft stairs were recorded with 4 x sim speed as they are moving too fast.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Thanks for that David, very helpful. 

Cheers,

Greg 

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

This looks like a good choice for someone transitioning from GA to heavies. A full featured FMC can be intimidating. Does the AP and main systems use standard P3D key commands that we can bind to buttons or must you use the mouse ?

John  Hubbard   MSFS2020 - Win10                    

Thanks for the video David, very informative. The systems overall seem overall fine to me, but the FMS is big drawback for me. As you say in the video, I hope they end of putting in something with more to it than this. Second, those sounds, on the whole don't seem very good to me. Those call-outs all have a pretty bad low 'rumble' to them that is probably from the engines of the plane on which they were recorded. They might want to try and filter that out somehow. As for the engine sounds... I'm definitely not an expert, but it seems to me that those engines are not quite as whiny as portrayed here.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

14 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

I'm definitely not an expert, but it seems to me that those engines are not quite as whiny as portrayed here. 

Sounds need work. I did cockpit flights in the real 11 and it is not that exaggerated as one can hear in the video.

Regards,

Chris

--

4 hours ago, Cargostorm said:

Sounds need work. I did cockpit flights in the real 11 and it is not that exaggerated as one can hear in the video.

That's what I suspected. Thanks for confirming!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case