Sign in to follow this  
ideoplastic

New MD11 for P3Dv4.3

Thanks for the video preview/review. 

Looks like this has potential and some nice aspects but comes up quite short from being anywhere near polished. The FMC needs to be alot more functional than it is with proper autopilot working, and things like that startup give you a roll the eyes effect with N1 and EGT jumping up so fast after fuel is introduced. (What does that say about how in depth the rest of the systems are?)  The sounds are horrible in my opinion, but dont know if thats from the video or what. Maybe PMDG sounds could be incorporated somehow?  Perhaps its because I was around alot of DC10s and MD11s in the 90s with their very peculiar and awesome sound but these dont sound anywhere near it. 

One would hope that Sky simulations would realize the potential groundwork they have for this aircraft, and fix it up, but im guessing this is a one off release, other than some minor bug fix updates?

It'd be like coming from driving a Rolls Royce (PMDG MD11) and hoping into a Chevy Cavalier or the like. 

Think I will hold out for hoping for a TFDI MD11 or some crazy insane miracle that PMDG allows porting their MD11 jewel over some how releasing it to the freeware community to convert. But thats a far fetched dream. 

But hey at least its made some people happy about it. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

7 hours ago, Zdenek said:

Thankyou Alan much appreciated your thorough of the sky simulation MD-11 version 2 for p3d.Just wanted to ask one more question can it do a auto flight from start to finish and autoland?

Regards.

I will check that out and get back to you about it, but I'm busy with work (on real aeroplanes lol) until tomorrow night (last night of my shift, yay!). So I'll have a play with it properly then. I did buy this with the intention of adding it to my Air Hauler fleet since, like the real thing, it will be a good cargo aircraft to have in terms of range and capacity, so it is my intention to soup it up realism-wise as much as is possible if I can.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I’m not looking for a hardcore sim just to setup and fly from a to b or c however i would hope that the fmc will do things like follow waypoints and a full autoland.

Regards.

Zdenek  Cebis

ISG supported the first Skysim MD 11.

https://www.isgsim.com/?page=panel_library&sub=retro_skysim_md11

Perhaps Ernie could help with V2.

TSS has payware sounds for the MD 11...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

The ISG fits well into MD-11 v2. You can use the retrofit file easly, just do not replace whole planel.cfg as Windows section and Gauges list differ a bit. So you just need to compare two files and looking at the retrofit one respectively deactivate FMC and ND gauges while adding ISG ones. I think i also slightly adjusted FMC position to match 3D buttons. 

i am just cruising over rocky mountains with N708DE and all works good.

Also the PFPX flightplans works 100%.

I don’t want to do any alterations on it i just want to fly it as it is but need more information about the fmc flight preparation this is why I’m asking the guys that purchase it about the flight tutorial that comes with it.What does it say about the flight preparation especially the fmc.I don’t mind it’s simplified but like to know what does it say and does it have photos or diagrams?

Regards.

Zdenek  Cebis

5 hours ago, KrisJ said:

The ISG fits well into MD-11 v2. You can use the retrofit file easly, just do not replace whole planel.cfg as Windows section and Gauges list differ a bit. So you just need to compare two files and looking at the retrofit one respectively deactivate FMC and ND gauges while adding ISG ones. I think i also slightly adjusted FMC position to match 3D buttons. 

i am just cruising over rocky mountains with N708DE and all works good.

Also the PFPX flightplans works 100%.

Please, could you share your panel.cfg? so at least i can see where i make mistake in editing 😅

17 hours ago, Zdenek said:

I’m not looking for a hardcore sim just to setup and fly from a to b or c however i would hope that the fmc will do things like follow waypoints and a full autoland.

Yup, it will do that. Woks just fine and is easy to use and understand, you barely even need to read the manual to get the thing up and running and following a flight plan.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

6 hours ago, Chock said:

Yup, it will do that. Woks just fine and is easy to use and understand, you barely even need to read the manual to get the thing up and running and following a flight plan.

Thankyou so as soon as I take off and hit the AP it will fly from a to b and autoland right?

Regards.

Zdenek  Cebis

5 hours ago, Zdenek said:

Thankyou so as soon as I take off and hit the AP it will fly from a to b and autoland right?

Regards.

Not that I tend to do autolands (I prefer to drive the thing myself), but yes it will, so long as you tune the radios correctly and hit the right switches. I have tested this by flying it from Manchester to Paris.

Anyway, forget those autolands, here it is coming in for a (manual) landing at Liverpool after its certification flight for my Air Hauler 2 airline:

TCMQWDE.png

YORUpD5.png

Alan Bradbury

Alright so this is what i wanted to find out you have to tune the nav radios for navigation so there is no gps.So why the fmc?I don’t think it’s worth $49 U.S

Regards.

Zdenek  Cebis

17 minutes ago, Chock said:

Not that I tend to do autolands (I prefer to drive the thing myself), but yes it will, so long as you tune the radios correctly and hit the right switches. I have tested this by flying it from Manchester to Paris.

Anyway, forget those autolands, here it is coming in for a (manual) landing at Liverpool after its certification flight for my Air Hauler 2 airline:

TCMQWDE.png

YORUpD5.png

Photos too dark i can’t see a thing.

Zdenek  Cebis

Just now, Zdenek said:

Photos too dark i can’t see a thing.

That darkness thing tends to happen at night 🙂

Alan Bradbury

Just now, Chock said:

That darkness thing tends to happen at night 🙂

Yeh but not that dark.😉

Zdenek  Cebis

16 minutes ago, Zdenek said:

Alright so this is what i wanted to find out you have to tune the nav radios for navigation so there is no gps.So why the fmc?I don’t think it’s worth $49 U.S

Regards.

Nope, I mean you have to make sure the radios are tuned to the correct frequency for an ILS if you are doing one. It'll fly a route completely automatically with no need to do anything. You should check that ILS frequency in every airliner's CDU, it's not a good idea to assume the system has done it.

I agree it is a bit pricey at most places, but it was cheaper at the flightsim.com store where I got it from.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury