Sign in to follow this  
ideoplastic

New MD11 for P3Dv4.3

1 minute ago, Chock said:

Nope, you have to make sure the radios are tuned to the correct frequency for an ILS if you are doing one. You should check that in every airliner's CDU, it's not a good idea to assume the system has done it.

Understand Alan i thought that the it has a gps navigation and it not like the old tubeliners where there was no fmc and you had to tune the radios constantly for navigation.This is why I’m asking about the fmc how do you then setup a flight say Klax to Klas and then autoland it on a klas runway without star?This is why I’m asking about the tutorial that comes with it how or what does it say about that.

Regards.

Zdenek  Cebis

Typically what you're gonna have to do, is load a flight plan into FS, and the FMC in this thing will load that up. Of course this means it won't have SIDs and STARs, but you could always make these part of the flight plan and then it would of course be in the FMC. Tedious, but I have done this in the past and it does work.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

14 minutes ago, Chock said:

Typically what you're gonna have to do, is load a flight plan into FS, and the FMC in this thing will load that up. Of course this means it won't have SIDs and STARs, but you could always make these part of the flight plan and then it would of course be in the FMC. Tedious, but I have done this in the past and it does work.

Cheers much appreciated for all the info.I will still probably purchase it but might whait a while when the cost comes down for xmas.

Zdenek  Cebis

2 hours ago, Zdenek said:

Cheers much appreciated for all the info.I will still probably purchase it but might whait a while when the cost comes down for xmas.

Yup, like I say, it's okay and it flies well, but it's not something I'd wanted to pay more than 30 quid for, but for the 27 quid I did pay, I do like it because it hand-flies nicely and has a big cargo capacity.

Alan Bradbury

Always remember, the SS version is a toy (no better than a default aircraft) and not a simulation of the real MD11. Too sad that there is nothing else in P3DV4 that comes close to the PMDG MD11, which is a masterpiece in copying all the systems of the real thing.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

1 hour ago, Cargostorm said:

Always remember, the SS version is a toy (no better than a default aircraft) and not a simulation of the real MD11. Too sad that there is nothing else in P3DV4 that comes close to the PMDG MD11, which is a masterpiece in copying all the systems of the real thing.

Whilst it is true that it is not super-realistic in terms of the systems it simulates, I think you're doing it a bit of a disservice to say it's no better than a default aircraft, since it does have quite a bit more going on than the default jetliners which were part of FSX. This is particularly the case for it in P3D V4, since there are actually no large jet airliners at all as default aircraft in P3D V4, either good bad or indifferent.

Alan Bradbury

21 hours ago, Chock said:

Yup, it will do that. Woks just fine and is easy to use and understand, you barely even need to read the manual to get the thing up and running and following a flight plan.

You mean it will flare and close the throttles and you can disconnect the AP just prior to runway turn off?

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 2:24 PM, alexitua said:

Please, could you share your panel.cfg? so at least i can see where i make mistake in editing 😅

PM me your e-mail address.

3 hours ago, alexitua said:

Thai and AAL are also coming out very good!

k0hSVv8.jpg

W8YrPjv.jpg

Varig please 🙂

So this thing has been out for a little while now - has the opinion on it changed? How is it with the ISG gauges?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

@KrisJ -- are you saying you are able to add the ISG MD-11 style / Smiths FMS gauge to the 3D panel?   Or are you adding it as a popup?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB