Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Is PTA still in active development ?

16 hours ago, MattDavies said:

PTA is fine, do not worry about that. This was something completely different. 

Thank You Matt for reply! 😀

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Matt - do you know anything about the new lighting system that P3D is likely to be implementing soon? I wonder whether it will make PTA redundant.

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

1 hour ago, Adamski_NZ said:

Matt - do you know anything about the new lighting system that P3D is likely to be implementing soon? I wonder whether it will make PTA redundant.

Adam.

Hey Adam -- where did you hear about a new lighting system?

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

20 hours ago, pgde said:

Hey Adam -- where did you hear about a new lighting system?

I'll see if I can dig it out - it was in an Aerosoft forums thread, where I was moaning about some of the new P3Dv4 Airbus models not being PTA-compatible (missing bump textures on wings etc.).

Adam.

EDIT: I remembered what it was.Just Google PBR lighting ...
https://fselite.net/news/prepar3d-v4-4-possibly-coming-q4-2018-with-pbr/

Edited by Adamski_NZ

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Thanks Adam!

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

On 10/26/2018 at 2:12 AM, MattDavies said:

PTA is fine, do not worry about that. This was something completely different. 

Very good to hear Matt. I never thought about the possible implications of PTA when I read your recent post.  I see many speak about Tomatoeshade but Ive refused to use it as it means switching Dynamic Reflections On which is a no no for me.  I want to make the best use of Dynamic Lighting and not have something else put stress on the system.  I also hear many woes about aircraft profiles..sounds overly complex.  With PTA I just set it and forget it, or load one of the REX SkyForce profiles and textures.  Hope you get things sorted Matt.

Chris

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

Tomatoshade has many merits but until Prepar3D is at a stage where dynamic reflections don't cause huge performance issues, I am personally staying well clear. 

• Upvote 1

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

On 11/6/2018 at 4:03 AM, MattDavies said:

Tomatoshade has many merits but until Prepar3D is at a stage where dynamic reflections don't cause huge performance issues, I am personally staying well clear. 

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your continued support of PTA. I don't know what I would do if it did not work with the in-coming P3d v 4.4.

Jose

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.