ErichB

Is PTA still in active development ?

I don't recall seeing anything in the Mettar Simulations blog update on this.  Is this still in active development for a V2 (or V3?) and if so what will the feature enhancements be? 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Several months ago Matt wrote that he was working an an improved version with new features...

I'd say he and PTA are done. When P3D v4.4 drops I wouldn't expect PTA (based on his blog post which says he is going to disappear) to be updated. Is there anything else out there that does the same thing either pay ware or free ware? Matt bought the rights to PTA from that Russian guy and now it looks like he is leaving the industry. Sounds like that clown Nico had a part in all this happening. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

Is there anything else out there that does the same thing either pay ware or free ware? 

Hi Eric,

I'm very happy with ENVSHADE - and even more happy now that I see the status of PTA... There is no tweaking it though - just set it and forget it...

Regards,

Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Eric,

I'm very happy with ENVSHADE - and even more happy now that I see the status of PTA... There is no tweaking it though - just set it and forget it...

Regards,

Scott

43 minutes ago, willy647 said:

Tomatoshade does all the tweaking (and more) PTA does. And it is for free.

Download here

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/26p2ufw3t6edxqb/TomatoShade.zip

Thanks guys, much appreciated. Willy, does Tomatoshade have a easy to use user interface and does the dev have a website or forum for support?

Edited by B777ER

14 hours ago, B777ER said:

Willy, does Tomatoshade have a easy to use user interface and does the dev have a website or forum for support?

As far as I know there is not yet a real support forum. I find the interface easy to use. Have a look at this site

https://live-cockpits.weebly.com/tomatoshade.html

there is also a link to the popular R&D preset. Just try it out, it's free.- but remember to start with the default P3D shaders !!!

9 hours ago, willy647 said:

As far as I know there is not yet a real support forum. I find the interface easy to use. Have a look at this site

https://live-cockpits.weebly.com/tomatoshade.html

there is also a link to the popular R&D preset. Just try it out, it's free.- but remember to start with the default P3D shaders !!!

Perfect, thanks

For your info :

Two days ago I have been in touch with Matt and PTA will continue to support new P3D versions.

Regards, Gerard

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, GSalden said:

For your info :

Two days ago I have been in touch with Matt and PTA will continue to support new P3D versions.

Regards, Gerard

Glad to hear this. 

PTA is fine, do not worry about that. This was something completely different. 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, MattDavies said:

Thanks for replying.

As this is your primary payware product and you've acknowledged that all the other projects are in potential peril, I would put out a blog post or Twitter post to clarify the status on PTA.  People will not assume this is 'something completely different'

16 hours ago, MattDavies said:

Thank You Matt for reply! 😀

Matt - do you know anything about the new lighting system that P3D is likely to be implementing soon? I wonder whether it will make PTA redundant.

Adam.

1 hour ago, Adamski_NZ said:

Matt - do you know anything about the new lighting system that P3D is likely to be implementing soon? I wonder whether it will make PTA redundant.

Adam.

Hey Adam -- where did you hear about a new lighting system?

20 hours ago, pgde said:

Hey Adam -- where did you hear about a new lighting system?

I'll see if I can dig it out - it was in an Aerosoft forums thread, where I was moaning about some of the new P3Dv4 Airbus models not being PTA-compatible (missing bump textures on wings etc.).

Adam.

EDIT: I remembered what it was.Just Google PBR lighting ...
https://fselite.net/news/prepar3d-v4-4-possibly-coming-q4-2018-with-pbr/

Edited by Adamski_NZ

On 10/26/2018 at 2:12 AM, MattDavies said:

Very good to hear Matt. I never thought about the possible implications of PTA when I read your recent post.  I see many speak about Tomatoeshade but Ive refused to use it as it means switching Dynamic Reflections On which is a no no for me.  I want to make the best use of Dynamic Lighting and not have something else put stress on the system.  I also hear many woes about aircraft profiles..sounds overly complex.  With PTA I just set it and forget it, or load one of the REX SkyForce profiles and textures.  Hope you get things sorted Matt.

Chris

Tomatoshade has many merits but until Prepar3D is at a stage where dynamic reflections don't cause huge performance issues, I am personally staying well clear. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/6/2018 at 4:03 AM, MattDavies said:

Tomatoshade has many merits but until Prepar3D is at a stage where dynamic reflections don't cause huge performance issues, I am personally staying well clear. 

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your continued support of PTA. I don't know what I would do if it did not work with the in-coming P3d v 4.4.

Jose

• Upvote 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.