Sign in to follow this  
TheEXxman

Prepar3D v4 will Not launch, Stuck on loading

I have two 1tb hard drives. The first hard drive is my main Windows 10 hard drive. The second is where I put Prepar3d on. I wanted to try out Linux, so I deactivated Prepar3d and put Linux on it. I then got tired of Linux and reformatted the hard drive for Windows 10. I then installed Prepar3d v4.3 on the secondary hard drive, but now Prepar3d hangs on the main screen and won't load up the page that has the aircraft and selecting the airport and weather and time of day page, I forgot what it was called. I do have addons in the Prepar3d addon folder in my documents. I have uninstalled the aircraft on the Control Panel page, but it still hangs on the main page. I have Active Sky and Active Sky Cloud Art and Orbx. I have an A2A Cessna 172 and have the Flight One GTN 750 addon. I uninstalled my pmdg aircraft from the Control Panel.

In my Prepar3d addon folder, I have the Navigraph Simlink folder and Orbx Objectflow 2 folder left. I don't know what to do with these two.

Do I need to get rid of all my addons and then deactivate and uninstall and then reinstall Prepar3d v4.3 again?

Edited by TheEXxman
Clarification.

Hello TheExxman

Try the steps in this link.    Note:This procedure will disable your 3rd party Add Ons

It worked. Thank you so much. Problem solved, but what do I do with the addon and file folders? Do I put them back in my Documents folder?

Always try Linux on a Virtual Machine first 🙂

The Prepar3D files in the documents folder will be regenerated, but you will have to add your add-ons back. Your PMDG aircraft will usually be OK, but FSLabs need a re installation.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Hello

Did you have Add On's located in the  "Prepar3D v4 Add ons"  folder  in the Documents location ?    If not,  Ignore this next step

---

Click into your  "Prepar3D v4 Add Ons"  folder,  The original one now on your desktop,   Then Click and Move the Add On folders back one at a time into the new generated folder in Documents  (Prepar3D v4 Add Ons folder)

Note:  Only move one Add On folder at a time,  Then launch Prepar3D and test

Does Prepar3D launch Ok ?  Then move the next Add On folder over and launch and test after each one

As I said only move one at a time and launch and test.

2 hours ago, TheEXxman said:

It worked. Thank you so much. Problem solved, but what do I do with the addon and file folders? Do I put them back in my Documents folder?

If you put all of them back to the same place, you'll reproduce the original error.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

11 minutes ago, edpatino said:

If you put all of them back to the same place, you'll reproduce the original error.

Thanks for the advice. I won't do that then. Everything worked out and I don't want it to happen again. I think what I'll do is buy another hard drive to put Linux on instead of deactivating Prepar3d and uninstalling it. I like to have Prepar3d on a separate hard drive instead of the main drive.

I looked at my Documents folder and the files where regenerated.

6 minutes ago, TheEXxman said:

Thanks for the advice. I won't do that then. Everything worked out and I don't want it to happen again. I think what I'll do is buy another hard drive to put Linux on instead of deactivating Prepar3d and uninstalling it. I like to have Prepar3d on a separate hard drive instead of the main drive.

I looked at my Documents folder and the files where regenerated.

Do what Elaine (Poppet) recommends to do in her latest post. Go one by one for every addon installed. She describes the procedure with good detail, as always with her.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Prepar3d had regenerated the files back into the Documents Folder, so I don't have to move the ones on my Desktop back, but I'll try putting the addons one by one like you said and see how it goes. I've got plenty of time to work on this today, so if I run into trouble I'll reply and let you all know.