Sign in to follow this  
1290SASRider

Logitech Pro Flight Rudder Pedals...so this just happened...

The subject pedals, which I have only had (along with their companion yoke and throttle sets) for around 6 months, went "Tango Uniform" recently.  The brake axes work properly but the rudder axis does not.  It goes to half-travel to the left and then immediately snaps to the right.  Pressing the right pedal does nothing.  So that would seem to indicate a hardware issue.  I know...they're cheap and I shouldn't have too high expectations.  Whatever...:rolleyes:

So I reached out to Logitech and they followed up with a detailed request.  They want me to "Cut all cables belonging to the product." and "Disable the product and the internal chips in a safe manner that clearly shows in the photo the product can no longer function." I then need to provide them photographic evidence of same.  This all before they will ship the replacement.

Presumably all this is so I cannot simply sell or give the pedals away?  I told them to send me a shipping label in my initial communication.  I thought perhaps they would want to follow up and see how and why the pedals failed but I'm guessing due to the price point they don't think it's worth their time.

Any thoughts?

David Rosenblum

Atlas Air Boeing 767 Captain; previously a Boeing 747-400/-8 First Officer

Jetline Gravity GTX | Aorus Z370 Gaming 7 motherboard | i7 8700K overclocked to 5 GHz | 32GB 3 GHz Corsair DDR4 SDRAM | 11GB GTX 1080 Ti | 1TB Samsung 960 Pro m.2 SSD | 2TB WD Black 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s HDD | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Dual Stage Liquid Cooling | 3 Dell S2716DG G-Sync monitors on Jestik Arc stand | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Logitech G Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, Throttles and Pedals

8 minutes ago, 1290SASRider said:

The subject pedals, which I have only had (along with their companion yoke and throttle sets) for around 6 months, went "Tango Uniform" recently.  The brake axes work properly but the rudder axis does not.  It goes to half-travel to the left and then immediately snaps to the right.  Pressing the right pedal does nothing.  So that would seem to indicate a hardware issue.  I know...they're cheap and I shouldn't have too high expectations.  Whatever...:rolleyes:

So I reached out to Logitech and they followed up with a detailed request.  They want me to "Cut all cables belonging to the product." and "Disable the product and the internal chips in a safe manner that clearly shows in the photo the product can no longer function." I then need to provide them photographic evidence of same.  This all before they will ship the replacement.

Presumably all this is so I cannot simply sell or give the pedals away?  I told them to send me a shipping label in my initial communication.  I thought perhaps they would want to follow up and see how and why the pedals failed but I'm guessing due to the price point they don't think it's worth their time.

Any thoughts?

That is the first time I have heard of that solution. I have the same pedals and the truth is that this simple design has been around for so many years, I am sure there is nothing new that they would learn from it's failure. It is all about the price point for sure and I am afraid in the world we now live in, they are just trying to keep folks from scaming a spare set of pedals. On the upside it saved the effort of packing them up and a trip to the UPS store plus you got to tear them down and a peek at how they work.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

If you buy more pedals get the combat pedals. They're more heavy duty. I know that doesnt mean they can't fail but they look like normal airline style pedals to me. The pedals are solid aluminum or something. But more beefier. Of course you can go with the more expensive thrustmaster ones.

:P Timothy Murphy

Logitech has an awful reputation for Customer Support, I had the same problem with them last year concerning a Quad Throttle, they wanted me

to send them a video showing how loose the levers were. When I told them that this would be futile, they came up with all kinds of other ways, it got

so bad that I stopped communicating with them.

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

I'd like to know what the outcome if this was. I have avoided Logitech for years because of the poor support when their equipment begins to fail, though in the case of some G25 racing pedals I have, someone had a hall sensor conversion kit which meant the pedals could be modified and continue to be used.

I would be worried about following Logitech's instructions especially as it is likely just that the potentiometers need replacement. What if you destroy your hardware and then Logitech does not follow through with the replacement?

Just do it.

The cost of sending back, is greater than any benefit they would get.

There is a high failure rate with cheap stuff like Saitek.

I've had to do this with a few items over the years. I remember sending photos of a cut cable on an Antec external hard drive.

Their returns department was in Rotterdam, so it wasn't economical to send it back... and they have to pay to dispose of scrap...

I once, however, was told to post back a broken PSU, that only cost 50 quid. The price of sending it to Rotterdam ? 45 quid. So I didn't bother.

Needless to say, I do not buy Antec any more.

To me this sounds like good service.  Like printers they do not repair...they replace so no real point in getting them back.  Better by far and quicker for the customer to say if the checks show a fault say destroy the item, show us a photo of the wreckage and they send the new,

You get the new item quicker and can get back to simming.

Harry Woodrow

Buy cheap....Get cheap. I have TRC Cessna rudder pedals I purchased in 2011. Expensive....They are still working great today. Never had an issue.

Yup.... those new Thrustmaster ones look pretty sturdy.... weigh in at 10 kilos and 400 quids !