Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Skyhawks?

I am wondering if anyone remembers this cartoon series from the late 60's/early 70's.  It was one of the few cartoons I enjoyed (along with Road Runner and the Flinstones, lol).  Every episode the pilots in the Skyhawks would be solving a crisis.  It was not on the air long, just curious if any simmers in my age range, or others have seen it?

John

Holy fish!  This was way past my cartoon watching age!  I must be old:blink:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

What happened to prohibiting politics on AVSIM?  When I opened these links they were preceded by godawfully local negative campaign ads.

Back to the Skyhawks.  Not that old.  The Cessna 310 has a swept vertical stabilizer instead of the straight one.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

4 minutes ago, birdguy said:

What happened to prohibiting politics on AVSIM?  When I opened these links they were preceded by godawfully local negative campaign ads.

Back to the Skyhawks.  Not that old.  The Cessna 310 has a swept vertical stabilizer instead of the straight one.

Noel

Are you referring to the popup ads?  Google is responsible for what you see.  You can click on the ad's little arrow/triangle and select the type you see.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

1 hour ago, birdguy said:

Noel

Has nothing to do with Avsim, as mentioned the ads you see are coming from Youtube.  Try Adblock plus if you do not wish to see them, some sites ask you to remove blocking but not all do.  Also scan your system for Malware--I recommend MalwareBytes,  Last you may have to remove cookies, although I caution on that in case you like to save preferences on sites like Avsim.  I normally do not mind most ads but yes many can be annoying--politics, etc.  I do not block ads on Avsim since I like to see flight sim related ads.  Adblock lets you enable ads for the sites you trust like Avsim, or major news sites, etc.  In general I enjoy web advertising as I have found many products that way that I otherwise would never have known about or tried.  I do get annoyed by popups and Adblock mercifully blocks those along with my Firefox settings.

John

Edited by Cactus521

I do have AdBlock.  But this is the first time I have seen these negative political ads popup.  Maybe they are becoming more frequent the closer we get to election day.  But they only serve to remind me how dirty politics and have no bearing on how my vote.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

8 minutes ago, birdguy said:

I do have AdBlock.  But this is the first time I have seen these negative political ads popup.  Maybe they are becoming more frequent the closer we get to election day.  But they only serve to remind me how dirty politics and have no bearing on how my vote.

Noel

I never let political ads influence my vote, For me candidate contact was more important, I had a rule if a candidate went door to door or made them accessible in a public rally I would favor them as long as they were not too far from my beliefs.  Politically I am centrist anyway, always believe the best candidate is the one who protects majority rule and minority rights. 

I remember I visited DC once and sat in on the Senate, and got to see Edward Kennedy speak.  Like most politicians I did not see eye to eye with all his politics but Republican or Democrat we have had statesmen from both parties and many poignant political moments, especially when both parties get together on important issues.  The only thing I do not do is try to champion my own politics, outside of my family but even my wife, I would let her make her own decisions, even if we favored differing candidates.  Being both teachers the only issues we always agreed on were school related ballot measures. 

The only political thing that really bothered me, being born in Chicago, was the way Meigs was taken from us.  My grandfather knew the older Mayor Daley in Chicago who attended his 50th anniversary celebration.  The only other politicians my father knew were Jimmy Carter and John McCain, who my father knew from his work in the nuclear program in our Navy.  He did not know Carter well but Carter and McCain intervened when Admiral Rickover tried to block my father's transfer from the Navy to the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.  But it is not like either knew us by phone or anything like that, just by written correspondence with my father. 

Washington DC visits were the thrill of my life, especially my first visit there in 1987 when I flew out there on TWA (my first ever 767 flight).  Going into the White House, into Congress, into the Senate Office building to get my pass to see the Senate in session, and the Library of Congress and Supreme Court, all very exciting to see those branches of government in action.  If you do visit DC I recommend not sitting in on the Senate but on the House, more goes on there, I was fortunate to see activity in the Senate the day I went, when Sen. Kennedy was speaking about the Iran-Contra affair.

John

I didn't get any popup ad or political advertisement...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator