Sign in to follow this  

Anybody still playing Aerofly FS 2?

Anybody still playing Aerofly FS 2?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. I wonder if there are any AVSIM'ers who are still playing Aerofly FS 2.

• Yes, daily, it's my only sim!
    • Yes, daily, besides my other sim!
    • Yes, once a week!
    • Nah, once a month
    • Hm, well, sometimes when I feel like it
    • Not really, I am waiting for ATC but that'll still take a year or so
    • Not really, I do check for updates but nothing really happens
    • Not really, I don't even care for updates anymore
    • No, I own it but prefer my other sim because AFS2 is lacking too much
    • No, I own it but don't even have it installed
    • No, I gave up on it due to the slow progress and lack of features
    • No, I'll have a look at it again in a few years time
    • Aerofly FS 2 what...?

Just wondering... Let me know if an option is missing. 😎

Edited by Guest

@edpatino I edited the poll while you were voting: I hope your vote didn't end up in the wrong place...?

I myself voted for ' Not really, I am waiting for ATC but that'll still take a year or so' although I also could have voted for most of the options below it. I gave AFS2 another go this evening and was bored within no time. No ATC, no weather, easy planes, nothing to do but look out of the window... To make matters even worse: performance isn't as good as it used to be anymore: with TE Netherlands installed loading takes just as long, if not longer, than P3D and I get huge long stutters whenever scenery is being loaded, which I don't get in P3D. So that's one big advantage of AFS2 out of the window. But my main problem is the lack of options... it's just too boring. Perhaps I will fly it some more again whenever TE GB or TE PNW gets released though. I certainly will give ATC a try whenever that gets released. But other than that I am done with it for now. Progress really is way too slow. And P3D (with AS, ProATC, UTL, Majestic Q400, etc.) keeps me a lot more entertained!

Edited by Guest

Hi Jeroen,

Good job on the poll, with lots of varying positions - hopefully this will help IPACS.

52 minutes ago, J van E said:

@edpatino I edited the poll while you were voting: I hope your vote didn't end up in the wrong place...?

I myself voted for ' Not really, I am waiting for ATC but that'll still take a year or so' although I also could have voted for most of the options below it. I gave AFS2 another go this evening and was bored within no time. No ATC, no weather, easy planes, nothing to do but look out of the window... To make matters even worse: performance isn't as good as it used to be anymore: with TE Netherlands installed loading takes just as long, if not longer, than P3D and I get huge long stutters whenever scenery is being loaded, which I don't get in P3D. So that's one big advantage of AFS2 out of the window. But my main problem is the lack of options... it's just too boring. Perhaps I will fly it some more again whenever TE GB or TE PNW gets released though. I certainly will give ATC a try whenever that gets released. But other than that I am done with it for now. Progress really is way too slow. And P3D (with AS, ProATC, UTL, Majestic Q400, etc.) keeps me a lot more entertained!

In fact, it did. I voted for: "No, I gave up on it due to the slow progress and lack of features".

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

1 hour ago, edpatino said:

In fact, it did. I voted for: "No, I gave up on it due to the slow progress and lack of features".

Cheers, Ed

Okay, sorry about that. Can’t change it anymore but your vote is noted. 😉

9 minutes ago, J van E said:

Okay, sorry about that. Can’t change it anymore but your vote is noted. 😉

No prob., thanks!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

1 minute ago, edpatino said:

No prob., thanks!.

Cheers, Ed

May I suggest another poll, but this time around at the IPACS forums?. The new poll subject would be to guess how many seconds will the poll last without being deleted by the moderator? 🤣

Just kidding!.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 2

Cheers, Ed

6 minutes ago, edpatino said:

May I suggest another poll, but this time around at the IPACS forums?. The new poll subject would be to guess how many seconds will the poll last without being deleted by the moderator? 🤣

Just kidding!.

Cheers, Ed

Completely right. I've actively followed AeroflyFS2 for some time and even did some promotion, mostly in German language fora. However, the attitude of the developers even towards their most active customers in conjunction with missing progress or even prospect of progress made me mostly give up on it. The developers may like it or not, but time does matter.

The fate of AeroflyFS2 is very sad, as it had a certain chance for a convincing third sim besides P3D and XP, if further developed properly. 

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Right now it kind of has a new life for me. The release of Dino Cattaneo's plane, as well as purchasing my 2080ti and the resultant supercharging of Aerofly in Vulkan allows me to comfortably fly in VR with 2.0'ss, which gives me lots of excuse to explore the sim anew.

It's just about the only sim I have that really enjoys the hell out of the card!

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

2 hours ago, edpatino said:

Just kidding!.

Cheers, Ed

🧐

Even this poll would be deleted from the IPACS, because of the options and the results (so far) ....I'm not kidding.

The only poll allowed over there would be: "is AF2 a PC program - yes or no"...they would still likely get a lot of no's! 😂

Hi,

I voted "No, I gave up on it due to the slow progress and lack of features".

In addition to ATC and the missing weather, the planes are really too simplistic and boring. It would have been better to do less but more elaborate. What bothers me behind all this is that on the plane level, I have the unpleasant feeling that they are not at all interested in including a little deeper systems, even they give the impression through what I have read on their forum, that they think that by doing so, it will attract a new clientele of simmers who are not accustomed to flight simulators....No problem with that but it's not my cup of tea!

I bought this simu in August, since then, I had to fly less than ten hours and I haven't touched it since 09/09/2018. I don't miss it. After trying it and buying one or two ORBX sceneries including Netherlands, after having shown it to my friends, neighbours and companion, it remains, alas, a very beautiful demonstration, nothing more. Really, what a shame!

Richard

Edited by DrumsArt
  • Like 1

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

So far all screen shots I have seen for AeroflyFS2 look pretty, but even poor graphics and some ATC would serve well for certain interests while attractive scenery will serve well for others. I have no complaints I just have little interest in this sim in its current state of development. That is not to say it is not a perfect sim for someone else. 

Keith Guillory

Wow, 32 votes... didn't expect that many, really! And I'm not kidding. The bad news (for IPACS) is that most of the voters lost interest in AFS2... Not surprising though. Makes you wonder how long AFS2/IPACS will survive without any major updates. I am sure the upcoming (?) R22 will make some people give AFS2 a spin again, but obviously one heli isn't enough to save the sim. At least not for AVSIM'ers: most of them want ATC, weather, traffic, etc. plus deeper systems. I wonder how a poll like this would do on Steam.

I voted, sometimes when I feel like it, but I should have voted: 

• No, I own it but prefer my other sim because AFS2 is lacking too much
I really believed that when companies like ORBX began developing for it, that it might make Ipac realise that maybe they should begin to take it serious. Make a couple of the planes with more in depth systems, some ai, ATC for those who like it, weather etc. 
For now it's only a sighthseeing simulator, which I enjoy once in a while.

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

32 minutes ago, jlund said:

I really believed that when companies like ORBX began developing for it, that it might make Ipac realise that maybe they should begin to take it serious. Make a couple of the planes with more in depth systems, some ai, ATC for those who like it, weather etc.

I do think they take it serious but progress simply is too slow. They actually are working on more in depth systems but adding a few options for one or two planes once a year just isn't enough. And they are also actually working on ATC but that's taking years already and they just posted on Steam it won't be released anytime soon... And since they won't be working on weather (or even anything weather related like clouds or improved visibility options) before they finished ATC, well, you know it's going to take even more years before we get that! And to me personally weather is very important (as in: a flight sim without a weather engine isn't a flight sim).

I do enjoy AFS2 every now and then, like when I created the cold and dark mod for the Q400 or when TE Netherlands just had been released: it's a great sightseeing sim indeed, but that's not enough to keep me entertained. And since the things I like to see won't be added within a year or two, three, (four, five) I am not holding my breath for anything. As long as you can enjoy AFS2 for what it is now it's an okay sim but when you start thinking about things you'd like to see added you simply get frustrated and willing to give up on it completely.

Edited by Guest