Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

747-8 Power cart will not go away.

I have no idea why this happened, maybe I did something out of sequence but I could not get the power cart to go away.  As a test I even took off with it connected.

It kept saying Disconnecting the whole time with Avail lights on the overhead.

chwJ62m.jpg

FQ3PHw5.jpg

Jack Sawyer

Jack,

We have heard about his situation from other users a few times. But unfortunately it is not a consistent behavior and we have not been able so far to reproduce it in order to determine the cause and fix it.

What we need is someone that can reproduce this issue following specific actions that will result in this behavior every time he performs again the same actions. If we have this information we will be able to fix it.

• Like 1

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

26 minutes ago, mfrantz said:

Jack,

We have heard about his situation from other users a few times. But unfortunately it is not a consistent behavior and we have not been able so far to reproduce it in order to determine the cause and fix it.

What we need is someone that can reproduce this issue following specific actions that will result in this behavior every time he performs again the same actions. If we have this information we will be able to fix it.

Hi Michael, I think I got it to happen in this sequence.  I pulled the chocks before pulling the power cord.

Jack Sawyer

Jack,

It must be something more than chocks involved, because it works fine here. Can you reproduce it every time? If you can we need all steps/conditions from the moment you launch P3D.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

3 minutes ago, mfrantz said:

Jack,

It must be something more than chocks involved, because it works fine here. Can you reproduce it every time? If you can we need all steps/conditions from the moment you launch P3D.

I can’t reproduce it unfortunately.  It was my initial thoughts that it was the incorrect sequence of pulling chicks before pulling power.

Jack Sawyer

6 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

I can’t reproduce it unfortunately.  It was my initial thoughts that it was the incorrect sequence of pulling chicks before pulling power.

I found this behavior during beta and there was a fix, and then it happened to me again but not in a way that I could reproduce.  Of course not pulling the chocks before releasing the ground connections is a prerequisite for the hung disconnecting status, unfortunately it is not the cause.  Still looking so if you find it please send to PMDG on a trouble ticket.

Dan Downs KCRP

8 minutes ago, downscc said:

I found this behavior during beta and there was a fix, and then it happened to me again but not in a way that I could reproduce.  Of course not pulling the chocks before releasing the ground connections is a prerequisite for the hung disconnecting status, unfortunately it is not the cause.  Still looking so if you find it please send to PMDG on a trouble ticket.

Will do Dan.  Thanks.

Jack Sawyer

I had this happen in the 400 recently. I too pulled the chocks prematurely. My conditions were an inoperable APU, so I had an air start cart and an external power unit connected. After starting an engine and commanding the disconnect the external power did as described above and would not disconnect. I did however rectify the issue by going into the simulation options and hiding all ground service vehicles. Doing this caused it not only to disappear but also disconnect  

So to others that have this problem doing this will at least prevent you from restarting the entire sim. 

Jeffery Williams

Edited by Jetlinker
Forgot name

3 hours ago, Jetlinker said:

Doing this caused it not only to disappear but also disconnect  

That is correct.  By toggling the visibility from show all to hide all and back to show all you effective reset the feature.

One thing not mentioned was that whereas the power seems to be removed quickly, I've noticed the disconnection of the air cart can take over a minute.  The tug needs to appear, do stuff, then haul away the cart.  Just make sure that the wait is longer than 2 min before calling it stuck.

Dan Downs KCRP

55 minutes ago, downscc said:

That is correct.  By toggling the visibility from show all to hide all and back to show all you effective reset the feature.

One thing not mentioned was that whereas the power seems to be removed quickly, I've noticed the disconnection of the air cart can take over a minute.  The tug needs to appear, do stuff, then haul away the cart.  Just make sure that the wait is longer than 2 min before calling it stuck.

Yeah, when this failure happened the tug would drive up to get the GPU, then kept driving off without it. Inept ground staff simulation I guess. 😅

Edited by Jetlinker