Sign in to follow this  
filou

The TrueEarth GB South Flight Philosophy.

LhkGwIu.jpg

uGqqeBn.jpg

QxUzoB9.jpg

djiPAfH.jpg

mBoW9Ob.jpg

S3hMdDC.jpg

ge3kmAp.jpg

pXIexaB.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

Philosophy ?????????

Tony

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

I've been using/seeing similar scenery via my Orbx(EU) in the FSX-SE since a long time. However, I've to say, to me, this set shown here (for XP) looks much better. The color-schemes of the landscape appear lot more realistic and textured (also less repetitive). Need to fly (low and slow) over my Orbx(EU) some more...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, P_7878 said:

The color-schemes of the landscape appear lot more realistic and textured (also less repetitive). Need to fly (low and slow) over my Orbx(EU) some more...

The textures are less repetitive as they are orthographic images (satellite imagery) while Orbx for FSX is based on repeated textures across the entire landscape for the most part.

• Like 1

@P_7878 In simple terms the TrueEarth product is aerial photography placed into Xplane, colour corrected and seamlessly stitched together (this means you don't get seasons though, although Xplane doesn't do seasons anyway).

So you're seeing what's really there in reality, and then autogen, landmark structures and moving vehicles are accurately placed over the top.

Similar products exist for FSX such as Horizon VFR Photographic and JustFlight VFR Real Scenery, although these are lower resolution and lack the autogen (there was a product called Treescapes that would place trees accurately, and there's also JustFlight Revolution X that tried to accurately place autogen over the top with varying degrees of success).

• Like 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

What aircraft is that?  Freeware or payware?  I have flown in real life similar Light Sport aircraft in the US, many are from Europe and made in places like the Czech Republic and sold in Europe as Microlights, although limited to a smaller gross weight there by law.  If the aircraft is either freeware or payware can you post a link?  Beautiful shots, shows off the sim and aircraft very well!

John

• Like 1

Steve and ckyliu, Thanks. I'm glad my own observations and comparisons here are backed-up by explanations...

Although, I'm personally more of a fan of Orbx's mountainous regions, I would surely fly VFR lot more with this type of scenery than my current Orbx(EU) due to reasons we have already indicated. Regarding lack of seasons, e.g. Orbx(PNW) could be pretty in Fall. But, again, we enjoy flying over MSE Photoscenery that also has many more (and other) drawbacks...This scenery here is very nice!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Cactus521 said:

What aircraft is that?  Freeware or payware?  I have flown in real life similar Light Sport aircraft in the US, many are from Europe and made in places like the Czech Republic and sold in Europe as Microlights, although limited to a smaller gross weight there by law.  If the aircraft is either freeware or payware can you post a link?  Beautiful shots, shows off the sim and aircraft very well!

John

Thank John.

http://www.vflyteair.com/Ikarus-C42C.php

Lovely Light Aircraft!

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

I couldn't resist any longer and purchased TrueEarth GB last night. I don't normally fly in that region but I needed to see the tech behind it as it looks sublime in places. Didn't have time to try it yet but will do so as soon as I get home from work today. I'm really looking forward to TrueEarth Ireland and PNW.

• Like 1