Sign in to follow this  
lokieagle62

777 crashes when executing flight plan.

Hello,

Been a PMDG user for the last few years but have been on hiatus due to life events. I recently came back and noticed my 777 and ops center needed to be updated. Since updating however, whenever I input a flight plan manually into the FMC, about 5-10 seconds after pushing "Exec" FSX crashes with a pop up stating FSX has stopped working.

It happens on both the 200lr and 300er, but none of my other PMDG products have this issue (including MD11, 737, 747 and 747-8). Curious what the cause and fix would be. I have re-installed the 777 a couple times since then with deleting the left behind folders in between installs. I`ve also tried starting the sim using different startup states which causes the same issue.

I did look at the event viewer during my troubleshooting but the smart part of my brain failed to save it and post it here but i remember reading something about an error with GAUGES if that helps.

Thanks in advance,

Dylan Lowkie

Not sure how long you were gone for, but I'd say just to be on the safe side, go into your account, download the latest installer, and then install it and run the update center again. Or at least go into the operations center and check to see what version you have. If it's an outdated version, you'll have to do what I suggested since there have been some updates that require running the latest installer.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Hey Kevin,

I have downloaded the installer and my ops center says my version is up to date and "green". I will try an install again tomorrow if I get time and if it happens again will post the Event Viewer.

Thanks,

Dylan

5 hours ago, Lokieagle62 said:

Hello,

Been a PMDG user for the last few years but have been on hiatus due to life events. I recently came back and noticed my 777 and ops center needed to be updated. Since updating however, whenever I input a flight plan manually into the FMC, about 5-10 seconds after pushing "Exec" FSX crashes with a pop up stating FSX has stopped working.

It happens on both the 200lr and 300er, but none of my other PMDG products have this issue (including MD11, 737, 747 and 747-8). Curious what the cause and fix would be. I have re-installed the 777 a couple times since then with deleting the left behind folders in between installs. I`ve also tried starting the sim using different startup states which causes the same issue.

I did look at the event viewer during my troubleshooting but the smart part of my brain failed to save it and post it here but i remember reading something about an error with GAUGES if that helps.

Thanks in advance,

Dylan Lowkie

Are the IRS aligned or still in aligning?

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: PMDG_777X.DLL, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5b5f8601
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x00264c1f
Faulting process id: 0x10a0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4676f5688ea6a
Faulting application path: C:\FSX\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\FSX\GAUGES\PMDG_777X.DLL
Report Id: 7339491b-d363-11e8-814a-d8cb8aa353ce

Usually I`ve done it WHILE the IRS are aligning. I tried both waiting until they were aligned and also waiting to input the flight plan before selecting the ADIRU on. All 3 resulted in the same.

43 minutes ago, Lokieagle62 said:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: PMDG_777X.DLL, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5b5f8601
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x00264c1f
Faulting process id: 0x10a0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4676f5688ea6a
Faulting application path: C:\FSX\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\FSX\GAUGES\PMDG_777X.DLL
Report Id: 7339491b-d363-11e8-814a-d8cb8aa353ce

Usually I`ve done it WHILE the IRS are aligning. I tried both waiting until they were aligned and also waiting to input the flight plan before selecting the ADIRU on. All 3 resulted in the same.

Dylan,

Please open a support ticket from the support portal (support.precisionmanuals.com)

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com