Sign in to follow this  
flyboy114

How do I update Carenado aircraft?

I really enjoy flying P3D Carenado aircraft.  I receive emails there are updates offered for planes I fly, but, I'm unsure how to install the updates or how to verify if I'm using the most current version. 

Is there an Avsim forum thread with a procedure to update Carenado aircraft?

How can I tell if I'm flying the most up to date version of a Carenado aircraft?

Thanks very much for your help.

I got my updates from the retailer I purchased them from originally. 

Grace and Peace, 

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

2 hours ago, flyboy114 said:

I'm unsure how to install the updates or how to verify if I'm using the most current version. 

As Carenado suggests, always delete the previous version before installing the new version.

On 10/18/2018 at 11:55 PM, J35OE said:

As Carenado suggests, always delete the previous version before installing the new version.

Bluestar and J350E,

Thanks very much for your reply.  I don't see an unistall app with the aircraft (in their folders). 

Is there a written process to follow to correctly uninstall the aircraft before downloading and reinstalling?  I just want to make sure I'm deleting all the relevant files.

Is there a way to verify which version of a Carenado aircraft I'm flying?

Is there a way to verify which version of a Carenado aircraft is current?

Again, thanks very much for your reply and help.  I'd like to make sure I'm using the most up to date products.

I might be able to answer some or all of your questions. If I am incorrect on any of them, I hope either Bluestar or J350E will correct me.

In most cases what I have observed is this:

--There normally is an uninstall exe. within the Carenado a\c folder you want to uninstall. Just run that exe. If it is not in the aircraft folder, then it might be in the main simulator folder.

--In both cases, the Carenado aircraft install exe. normally has the version # on it. You should see it once you click or double click on the install exe. I am not sure if their "Readme" document has the version # on it or not.

Normally the most current version is available from Carenado (if you purchased it through them) in your customer account. If you purchased it from another vendor--you should get a notice from them via your e-mail or they will have the latest version posted on their purchase site. Hope this helps and pardon me if I am incorrect in any one of these answers.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 2:00 AM, flyboy114 said:

Is there a way to verify which version of a Carenado aircraft I'm flying?

I had the same dilemma as a lot of updates for Carenado aircraft seemed to appear over the last year or so and, with some of these updates, I couldn't remember whether I had installed them or not! I checked everywhere on the existing installation (even the aircraft cfg and manuals) to see if I could identify the version I was using but unfortunately this doesn't seem to be indicated anywhere. As Raymie suggests, the only place a version # seems to be shown is on the install exe file of the original downloads and when this is opened it can then be compared to the version # on the update. However if you go to the Windows Control Panel and open the uninstall utility and search for Carenado, you will find the version # is listed there for most Carenado aircraft.

Bill

Edited by scianoir