Sign in to follow this  
umi

i want move to monitor no.2

hello. i m using 2 monitors (PG279Q , U2718Q) 

and selected PG279q to main. 

but i couldnt find selecting monitor options. 

i want use only U2718Q for P3d V4. what can i do ? (i dont want stretch view) 

i set like this https://imgur.com/zAf0FUh (Nvidia setting) 

1 hour ago, umi said:

hello. i m using 2 monitors (PG279Q , U2718Q) 

and selected PG279q to main. 

but i couldnt find selecting monitor options. 

i want use only U2718Q for P3d V4. what can i do ? (i dont want stretch view) 

i set like this https://imgur.com/zAf0FUh (Nvidia setting) 

Have you tried just setting P3D to windowed mode, dragging the P3D window to the U2718Q, maximize the window and then alt/entering  back to full screen mode?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

40 minutes ago, gboz said:

Have you tried just setting P3D to windowed mode, dragging the P3D window to the U2718Q, maximize the window and then alt/entering  back to full screen mode?

gb.

yes i tried it. but it is somes like .. Anti-aliasing does not seem to apply and something is strange

UMI,

My Method.

1. you can move your monitors in the mode as per your image. You can move them around to place one on top of the other or as you have them displayed. This is necessary to smoothly access with your mouse.

2. Depending on what you want to display on your second monitor, this is how I do it. 

a. Task bar click on "New view". (can be a panel pop up or whatever) select the one you want

b. click on image and click "undock" ion the panel that is displayed.

c. drag this image (and others if you need or want) to the second monitor.

Bear in mind that you will have the undocked image with a border. (windowed) Another thing to bear in mind is that whatever you dock/undock will have an impact on your FPS. It also does not matter what your monitor or TV display device is.

If this is not what you want, I am at a loss to advise you. It is, however, the way I have done it with FS2004 (6-8 monitors) and with P3Dv4 (2 Monitors)

Hope it helps

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

4 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

UMI,

My Method.

1. you can move your monitors in the mode as per your image. You can move them around to place one on top of the other or as you have them displayed. This is necessary to smoothly access with your mouse.

2. Depending on what you want to display on your second monitor, this is how I do it. 

a. Task bar click on "New view". (can be a panel pop up or whatever) select the one you want

b. click on image and click "undock" ion the panel that is displayed.

c. drag this image (and others if you need or want) to the second monitor.

Bear in mind that you will have the undocked image with a border. (windowed) Another thing to bear in mind is that whatever you dock/undock will have an impact on your FPS. It also does not matter what your monitor or TV display device is.

If this is not what you want, I am at a loss to advise you. It is, however, the way I have done it with FS2004 (6-8 monitors) and with P3Dv4 (2 Monitors)

Hope it helps

Regards

Tony

hello. thank u butI seem to have misunderstood my question.  i want to use only one moniter(have set 2) . U2718Q.  never to use second monitor. 

UMI,

As I see it, you simply have to disconnect your second monitor, Reboot and it will not show up in your displays (as per the image in your post) No further action required. It should not be seen in your device manager either. If it is, then simply disable or uninstall the driver. 

Is this your problem??? Are you unable to nopt display this second monitor??

Regards

Tony

• Like 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

1 hour ago, himmelhorse said:

UMI,

As I see it, you simply have to disconnect your second monitor, Reboot and it will not show up in your displays (as per the image in your post) No further action required. It should not be seen in your device manager either. If it is, then simply disable or uninstall the driver. 

Is this your problem??? Are you unable to nopt display this second monitor??

Regards

Tony

You missunderstood him again!

The OP has a 2 monitor setup. One of those is set to be the MAIN monitor and he wants to run P3D on the OTHER (not on the main).

• Like 1

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

I'm pretty sure P3D will always start on the main monitor. You can move it after it starts but you'll have to do it every time. You can simply make #2 main when you are running P3D and switch back when not. 

Vic

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hello all,

Gerald

Thanks for pointing that out.  Boy, was I on the wrong track. I do have to admit, however, that you put his request so much more succintly the the OP. 

I also have to admit that I have no idea how to solve his problem and will leave it to others with more P3D experience.

I did try to help though.

Regards

Tony

• Like 1

Tony Chilcott.

I'm not on my PC so I can't test, but probably this might help the OP

To the OP

Navigate to %appdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Please make a backup copy of Prepar3D.cfg then
open Prepar3D.cfg and paste here the following lines (skip the rest):

(Yours values might be different, as I  use 3 monitors and run P3D  on number 2  middle)

[MAIN]
Location=2,7,1261,786,\\.\DISPLAY2   
LocationFullScreen=0,0,1920,1080,\\.\DISPLAY2
Maximized=2

I would try by changing the display number. DISPLAY2 to DISPLAY1 or DISPLAY1 to DISPLAY2
Be aware that changing settings while running P3D might revert the changes.

UPDATE:

Just tested in on my sim PC and it works.
The main screen opens in the main monitor, but after scenario selection P3D opens in selected monitor.

Edited by RamonB
Update