Sign in to follow this  
shivers9

9900K/9700K Overclock performance review

30 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Too funny, I was on Newegg's Auto Notify for the 9900K, I get their email (my mail app is always active 24/7) and immediately clicked the link to order one and went thru the process to my payment and hit submit and got returned to a page that said the item is now out of stock.  This process literally took me about 10-15 seconds from notification and they got sold out AFTER I hit payment submit.  Hopefully some of you waiting for the 9900K managed to get the order done in 5 seconds or less.

How many did Newegg have, 3 maybe 4 units?  I have about 50 other Auto Notify form various web sites, lets see if any of those pan out.  Amazon Pre-Order is still in limbo land … no ETA.  There is "limited" supply and then there's whatever this is with Intel … but whatever the problem is, it's not from "explosive growth" at +2.7% for year … hardly "explosive".

Cheers, Rob.

Rob,

If you really must have the new 9900K right now the only place to get them is Overclockers UK. 

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/pc-components/processors/intel

I thought about getting one from here but with the exchange rate it is too expensive. 

Edited by Taver

Tim Curtis

MSFS2020, i7-9900k 5.0Ghz, 32GB Ram, Nvidia 3080, 48" LG OLED CX

It got even funnier, Newegg's combo deals (MB + 9900K CPU) could be ordered, payment made, and then got notice that only one item will ship … the MB … CPU is out of stock ... so I canceled the entire order and will wait for Amazon to deliver, if they deliver?

Some places are showing Nov 4th, but before I can actually get to the website, they show Nov 9th … I know this is not supposed to be funny, but at this point I'm chuckling at how Intel could get something so wrong.  I might just see if I can find a 9700K since it performs almost the same as the 9900K … ah but that was futile, no one has those in stock either.

Naah, not that critical, my build process is going slowly anyway (wife not too happy I'm taking up all the kitchen and living room space).  I'll pass on UK prices + shipping comes to almost $1000 US, I can get one on eBay for $1000 … which is probably where most of these CPUs seem to be ending up, on eBay for 2X the price.  SSDD.

Cheers, Rob.

46 minutes ago, Taver said:

Rob,

If you really must have the new 9900K right now the only place to get them is Overclockers UK. 

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/pc-components/processors/intel

My late nephew founded this company back in 1999. Sold it in 2012. Sadly died this year aged 55. Not relevant to this discussion but felt I had to mention his great achievement.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I got a bit lucky. Was browsing a few sites just looking for 9900K's. One had listed as in stock at supplier with 2-4 days before it's shipped. Took a gamble. It shipped Monday and I got it yesterday. Now waiting on a motherboard to arrive.

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers