Sign in to follow this  
Jerrivelr

Reality XP GTN 750 no turn ON

bought The Reality XP GTN 750 for FSX:SE with the purpose to be installed on the A2A Cessna 172. For some reason when I turn ON Avionics, radios, transponder, AP, DME turn ON except the GTN 750 stay dark. I have Garmin Trainer installed and working properly. I uninstall and reinstall it with the Anti-virus disable but the problem still there. I don't see a solution to my problem in the forum, so I hope you Guys help me solving this.

My system specs:

Windows 10 Home
Intel(R) Pentium(R) G3260 @ 3.30GHz
8.00 GB RAM
64-bit

Thank you

Hi,

let us try to help you with this. Can you please start reviewing the "Troubleshooting" section of the RXP GTN User's Manual and report the content of the RXP log files?

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

6 minutes ago, Jerrivel6060 said:

Where can I get RXP log files?

1 hour ago, RXP said:

start reviewing the "Troubleshooting" section of the RXP GTN User's Manual 

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Got it:

rxpGTN.gau

18/10/19 15:47:12.568 29812 -    ] # rxpGTN.dll version 2.5.7.0
18/10/19 15:47:12.566 29812 INFO ]

rxpGTN_menu.dll

18/10/18 19:57:56.704 05132 -    ] # rxpGTN_menu.dll version 2.5.7.0
18/10/18 19:57:56.732 05132 INFO ] edit panel: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\simobjects\airplanes\A2A_C172\panel\panel.cfg

rxpGtnSim.dll

18/10/19 15:47:13.100 29812 -    ] # rxpGtnSim32.dll version 2.5.7.0
18/10/19 15:47:13.098 29812 INFO ] 

Thank you, this tells everything seems running ok.

Can you please review the "Power Source" setting in the GUI Settings Panel? (SHIFT+Right Click top edge of the GTN bezel). You might want to start with "Always On" to confirm it powers on and displays, then, adjust the source for this particular aircraft.

NB: v2.5.7 now offers more power sources options: the "ON" options are the previous "BUS" options as they correspond to the FltSim  'circuit on' simulation variables, whereas the newest 'BUS' sources are actual buses simulation variables.

Hi, I don't know what I did, but for the FIRST TIME my GTN 750 displays in the 2D view, but for some reason in 3D view doesn't.

1 hour ago, Jerrivel6060 said:

Hi, I don't know what I did, but for the FIRST TIME my GTN 750 displays in the 2D view, but for some reason in 3D view doesn't.

Your RXP GTN includes (2) two gauges. 750 _1 and 750_2.  When only the 3D/VC gauge  or the 2D popup gauge works and the other does not, one first step is to closely check the appropriate lines in your panel.cfg file.  Make certain the lines in the [window##] section and the [cockpit##] section both reference the same GTN gauge. Both should specify the same GTN. Either  _1 or _2.

Example:
in [window##]
gauge00=rxpGTN!GTN_750_2,  0,0,100,100

in [vcockpit##)
gauge03=rxpGTN!GTN_750_2, 0,285,638,640

Note: the gauge## numbers may vary from aircraft to aircraft. Just make sure both lines reference the same GTN gauge.

Edited by fppilot
  • Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

47 minutes ago, Jerrivel6060 said:

New problem, Home key, Volume knob, Add waypoint and Large/Small knobs not working in the screen 

Trying to help here. This is a great and helpful community here at Avsim. Whether it is fellow users like myself, or actual support staff you are engaged with, please close out one issue before crossing to another. 

Have you been able to get the GTN 750 working in both the virtual cockpit and the popup?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

First, the GTN 750 no display in any aircraft, when finally start working, only in 2D view display and not in VC, then the brightness was too high impossible to see the letters in the display, then outside bottoms (Home, Waypoint, Volume, Small/Large knobs) not working in the display. So many problems for a product of $49.99.

Edited by RXP

Hi, please refrain from SHOUTING (use of capitalized letters).

Can you please confirm the GTN is not displaying "Invalid License" when booting up?

When the bezel buttons are not working, can you confirm the touch screen is working on the other hand?

What 'bezel buttons' are you referring to: buttons displayed in the 2D popup window, or 3D buttons around the screen in the 3D cockpit?