Sign in to follow this  
Ameno

How to make prepar3d run 100% of full cores?

On 10/20/2018 at 12:37 AM, Bert Pieke said:

Why 1364??

http://www.gatwick-fsg.org.uk/affinitymask.aspx?SubMenuItem=utilties

On 10/20/2018 at 1:28 AM, Cactus521 said:

With my specs I have never had to make adjustments, and your system is comparable to mine, a tad faster and twice as much RAM.  I get great performance, I applied one tweak that makes my photoreal textures sharper in the distance, but that was to my P3DV4 cfg file.  P3DV4 is arguably the smoothest flight sim I have ever used although I do not run with much AI or autogen since photoreal VFE flight is my preferred scenario with GA props, tprops and light jets.  Everything other than Autogen and AI is maxed except for AA, which I have slightly toned down and I don't mind that.  Although I have Nvidia Inspector I have made no tweaks.  I can even record videos with my Nvidia recorder with nary a performance hit.  Now I do not go all out crazy and seek 100 fps--I run with 30 fps locked because I never liked ups and downs in fps, and 30 fps is where the sim stays, all the time.  My old rig used to have slight stutters with FSX, P3DV4 is exquisite as is under Windows 10.  Xplane11 also runs well full bore with all things maxed, with default scenery and some nice add ons.

John

I want 60fps.

On 10/20/2018 at 1:58 AM, SteveW said:

When you add planes with complex gauges and dlls, since these are run in the sim process time they take time away from the sim processes so these get progressively faster as the PC gets faster.

The AM is important not because it improves performance 'we don't need now with new PC's' (yawn) but it saves power and heat and increases performance with HT enabled. Ignoring important system requirements because 'stuff works OK' is like not bothering to have the engines tuned and adjusted.

I asked a simple question how to make the game run at 100% could be simple in the answer and more objective, because I do not have time to lose, the game is installed and I can not take 100% of the processor, I see people here praising the game but if it would be perfect should run 100% of all hardware in the computer, based on your information I see that really without autogen the cockpit of the aircraft works normally or almost, but still I can not extract 100% of the processor, I do not have dlls nor complex flight plans.

I have 6 core 12 thread, the game only uses 1 core 100%, I want to extract 100% of all colors, do not want to run at 30fps on a computer with i7 8700k and 1080ti, if the game can not do this it is completely buggy, badly done, outdated engine.

You can't have 100% on all 12 threads, NO simulator, NO game and NO other software (except benchmarking tools) will do this.

There is one way indeed: get an dual core.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

14 minutes ago, Ameno said:

I have 6 core 12 thread, the game only uses 1 core 100%, I want to extract 100% of all colors, do not want to run at 30fps on a computer with i7 8700k and 1080ti, if the game can not do this it is completely buggy, badly done, outdated engine.

U have never used FSX have u?  Yes it is a dated engine but it is far from buggy or badly done.

Matt Wilson

33 minutes ago, Ameno said:

http://www.gatwick-fsg.org.uk/affinitymask.aspx?SubMenuItem=utilties

I want 60fps.

I asked a simple question how to make the game run at 100% could be simple in the answer and more objective, because I do not have time to lose, the game is installed and I can not take 100% of the processor, I see people here praising the game but if it would be perfect should run 100% of all hardware in the computer, based on your information I see that really without autogen the cockpit of the aircraft works normally or almost, but still I can not extract 100% of the processor, I do not have dlls nor complex flight plans.

A little advice for u Mr. 8 post.  Having this kind of attitude is not going to get u very far in this forum.  U are receiving good information from some very knowledgeable and respected people.  If u do not have time to lose I suggest taking your arrogant self and finding a different hobby.  

Matt Wilson

18 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

You can't have 100% on all 12 threads, NO simulator, NO game and NO other software (except benchmarking tools) will do this.

There is one way indeed: get an dual core.

It seems that you are limited in just using poorly optimized simulators, I have experience with other Watch Dogs 2 games, GTA 5, BF1, etc, I can say a list of very well optimized games to extract almost 100% of the 8700k, so do not say nonsense . 

17 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

Você nunca usou o FSX? Sim, é um motor datado, mas está longe de buggy ou mal feito.

How do you explain the low usage of a 6/12 processor where it uses only 1 core, if that is not badly done I do not know what it is, what's the point of recommending an i7 processor in your requirements if it does not use all core?

4 minutes ago, Ameno said:

How do you explain the low usage of a 6/12 processor where it uses only 1 core, if that is not badly done I do not know what it is, what's the point of recommending an i7 processor in your requirements if it does not use all core?

I do not need to explain anything.  I understand it is a dated engine with roots back to FSX and maybe even earlier versions.  Back when dual core processors were the big thing.  I do not know why u are trying to argue.  It is what it is.  If u don't like it find something else to do with your time.

Matt Wilson

I did mention these simulators are simulators not games. These run with a respectable amount of accuracy and do the same thing as games, fill facets with textures through shaders. All the same hardware and software. However the main thread of P3D has been thinned out to other cores. These do not run at full tilt as the main thread would be overcome. The idea the other games are better performing is nonsense. I get 200fps+ out of a GTX680.

• Like 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

...games are made to order - they work at a particular facet rate to respect the games boxes. They can be fixed to do more stuff then they suffer just the same as P3D and FSX with too high settings.

Adding a complex plane can't be said of the games. A complex plane adds into the 'game loop' of the sim with its process - in other words the game waits for that addon to finish its gauges or dll procedures then the sim continues. Adding plug in extras into games makes them suffer equally. 

Edited by SteveW

I mentioned earlier about granularity. Games work in a different way to FSX and P3D. These sims have a constructed globe so that altitude is displayed more naturally, that's a big process. We can see the whole world. But games work with a modified sector engine with height. That is we are confined within limits like beaches and walls. The characters are all inherited from base classes that run in tiny threads making up a very granular approach to their workloads, which can fill all the cores equally.

So we can't compare the FSX and P3D simulators with those. Think about it - where's the competition for FSX? P3D is just a fleshed out version of that. It takes a lot of beating.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SteveW said:

I mentioned earlier about granularity. Games work in a different way to FSX and P3D. These sims have a constructed globe so that altitude is displayed more naturally, that's a big process. We can see the whole world. But games work with a modified sector engine with height. That is we are confined within limits like beaches and walls. The characters are all inherited from base classes that run in tiny threads making up a very granular approach to their workloads, which can fill all the cores equally.

So we can't compare the FSX and P3D simulators with those. Think about it - where's the competition for FSX? P3D is just a fleshed out version of that. It takes a lot of beating.

I don't know how many times I have explained this before.. I am tired of people saying but Call Of Duty looks amazing with 120 FPS how can I make my simulator run like that?

roll eyes..

S.

• Like 2

Problem is that software and computers are very counter-intuitive. All the time I see perfectly intelligent folk expecting their idea of reality to work because it seems natural, when in fact they are nowhere near understanding enough to make any calls.

Also to recap about plug-ins. The simulator allows these but can't be held responsible for the time they take to run. So in fact we might continue to reduce settings and see less effect simply because that plug-in hasn't changed. To run tests with these added into the sim is a special test of that plug-in. To capture the results of performance and have any plug-ins installed at the time of the test is a mistake unless that particular plug-in is under test. Otherwise it is unknown how much of one or the other is the effect on performance.