Sign in to follow this  
Ameno

How to make prepar3d run 100% of full cores?

2 hours ago, Ameno said:

http://www.gatwick-fsg.org.uk/affinitymask.aspx?SubMenuItem=utilties

I want 60fps.

I asked a simple question how to make the game run at 100% could be simple in the answer and more objective, because I do not have time to lose, the game is installed and I can not take 100% of the processor, I see people here praising the game but if it would be perfect should run 100% of all hardware in the computer, based on your information I see that really without autogen the cockpit of the aircraft works normally or almost, but still I can not extract 100% of the processor, I do not have dlls nor complex flight plans.

You cannot keep asking the same question, receive the answer you do not like, and ask it again hoping for a different answer.  P3D has many happy simmers who are happy with what they have and if they have to make compromises, good for them, and if they do not, good for them too.  It is about flying the sim and not seeking perfection over what I feel and many others feel is a minor quibble being made into a mountain from a molehill.  You do not want all cores maxed--the OS needs some cpu cycles to do its functions, especially I/O.  Throttling I/O will give you stutters since sims need to fetch scenery from storage whether it be a hard drive or SSD drive.  If the sim is using 100 pct of all cores you would have issues on your system.  60fps, I can get that too if I unlock, higher with photoreal scenery which I use and does not use autogen anyway.  But my eyes do not discern differences much beyond where I have the sim locked at, they do discern differences if the fps fluctuate as I come into denser areas of scenery.  Frankly some of your replies are attacking the very help and helpful simmers whose advice you seek, and as said, many of us have been lending help in these forums for more than a decade now.  Sometimes we are right, sometimes we are wrong, sometimes our answers are not received as we like but we press on anyway for those who appreciate and respect our input and our sometimes sage advice.

John

• Like 2

Exactly. A lot is talked about fps but fps is simply the result of the capacity of the hardware with a certain amount to do. We give it more to draw it takes longer. Comparing fps is a mistake.

So there we come to mention of 100%, that means 'all of it, 'the total' and so on.

So if we are climbing at full throttle (100%) and due to a downdraught we have to climb more, we have no more throttle so we do something else.

If we make a turn onto more world scenery in the sim two things happen. The background tasks get on with pulling in the new data and the other is to draw the scene. If the scene is more complex then the time is longer (less fps). At 100% the sim slows down and that's not so good in the sim.

In games the overhead is accounted for by reducing the throughput of things like the actors.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

ok, this is starting to go round and round. OP was answered whether he likes the answer or not. Closing this down now

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors