Sign in to follow this  
maca11

validation of 747 version

Hi all,

suddenly P3D started to giving me an alert 'Cannot get product version data - string not found' when I select PMDG 747.

I did not change anything, did not install anything since last run......

When I confirm the alert window all starts normally..... 

In PMDG operation centre all seems to be OK, saying I have the latest version...

Any idea what it could be and how to rid of it ?

many thanks !

JM

Jan Maca

maca11

using PMDG 747 v3

P3D v 4.3

32 minutes ago, maca11 said:

Hi all,

suddenly P3D started to giving me an alert 'Cannot get product version data - string not found' when I select PMDG 747.

I did not change anything, did not install anything since last run......

When I confirm the alert window all starts normally..... 

In PMDG operation centre all seems to be OK, saying I have the latest version...

Any idea what it could be and how to rid of it ?

many thanks !

JM

Running the sim as administrator? Right click the sim exe and select run as administrator?

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

OK, now I realized I cannot found any of my downloads (747 and 747 expansion) in Operation Centre...

Any way how to re-activate again without whole reinstallation ?

many thanks

JM

Jan Maca

maca11

using PMDG 747 v3

P3D v 4.3

40 minutes ago, maca11 said:

OK, now I realized I cannot found any of my downloads (747 and 747 expansion) in Operation Centre...

Any way how to re-activate again without whole reinstallation ?

many thanks

JM

If you can't see them in OC that means that the registry entries have been deleted. Reinstall in the only solution in this case.

Chris Makris

How to uninstall if it is not visible in ops manager. New download and install over it ?

many thanks

JM

Jan Maca

maca11

using PMDG 747 v3

P3D v 4.3

go into control panel  uninstall  the  expansion  and  the base   package,  go to your  account  download  them  again and  install   them   use  admin right  to install

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thanks.

But that is the tricky, PMDG base and extension are not there (control panel). Neither in ops centre.

However, I can run it (with alert) in P3D. And also all folders related to PMDG I can see...

Jan Maca

maca11

using PMDG 747 v3

P3D v 4.3

Just now, maca11 said:

Thanks.

But that is the tricky, PMDG base and extension are not there (control panel). Neither in ops centre.

However, I can run it (with alert) in P3D. And also all folders related to PMDG I can see...

ok  have  you  still got  the  installers   than if  you  run them  and  choose   uninstall,  if  you havnt  than best bet  is  to  submit  a support  ticket  in

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

2 hours ago, maca11 said:

Thanks.

That is natural since the registry entries for these products were deleted. Run the installers again and choose install

Edited by Olympic260

Chris Makris

Hi Jan Maca,

I had the same problem, cause was the remote registration by a Dell helper.

I have written to the Dell XPS forum as follows:
XPS 8700 Dell SupportAssist problem.
I use Dell SupportAssist with performance tuning. In doing so, two entries are incorrectly
removed from the registry at regular intervals. These entries concern the installation of my
Flight Simulator P3DV4 and PMDG Airplans 747 u. 737.

Unfortunately no answer.
After the first occurrence of this error, I have saved the corresponding registration entries
after a new installation. After another error, I then restored the registration.

Manfred Maier

Regards

Manfred Maier

Manfred, I left Dell and their support  in 2009 and would never buy another one.  You can build your own at up to one third the cost.

Regardless, that is very interesting information that their performance tool wipes out user registry entries.... man I'd get rid of that tool.  It is acting more like a virus than a performance tool.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi, I can confirm all. I thought there was no change, but after this discussion I realised I ran Dell support......

So that is why....

So not I reinstalled PMDG747, hope it will be ok

Jan Maca

maca11

using PMDG 747 v3

P3D v 4.3