Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

FSDT ORD

Does anyone know if this is in beta yet?  With the release being sometime in 2018 and with 2 months left approximately, I figured I would check. 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

I figured as much.  One could hope.  Hopefully it actually gets released soon. 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Me too.  I live in the burbs and it would be nice to have this airport.  It would round out Fly Tampa Midway and ORBX's Meigs Field (which was really nice to add it back in).  Richard Daley ruined his entire reputation when he shut down the busiest single runway airport in the country, in the middle of the night by carving it up with bulldozers, and then had the gall to want to turn it into a park full of walking paths named after his wife.  He's been in hiding ever since.  He doesn't even weigh in on any of Chicago's problems, many of which were created on his 6 terms in office.  Yep SIX.  That was 22 years of running this city...

/ENDRANT

If someone would do an add-on for DuPage Airport, the whole area would be nicely represented.

Mark

I just wish they would hot- fix the lighting in T1... they could take another 50 years after that! 😄

Edited by UAL4life

FSDT keeps postponing and postponing, on their forum he promised a Sept. Release and here we are...

I only remember seeing a promise of "sometime in 2018" in their forums, but if it takes longer, so be it.  I'd rather see it get done properly than semi-finished.

At work (software engineer here) we have a saying when management is jumping up and down about  some deadline someone committed to 1.5 years ago.....if you want it really, really bad, you're gonna get it really, really bad.

Mark

• Like 1

The layout of the  mew FSDT version won't match what ORD actually looks like when it's released. 

The amount of constant construction at ORD is just insane...FSDT can't keep up with it.

• Like 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Yes a real KORD pilot in their forum described it as "one continuous construction project".  Not a reason to ignore it through, in a way the whole world is a moving target.  I think it was even mentioned on their forums they are shooting for the look it had in 2015, which may upset some folks but it's better than just throwing up ones hands and saying I give up.  Furthermore they'd go broke if they kept working on one airport full time to keep up with the yearly changes.

Like the plan to build the original 747, the design must be frozen and stuck to.  Software engineering is the worst at scope creep, as there is always some new API or framework that comes out while something is in development.  They young developers don't get it - you can't keep rewriting stuff every time a new flavor of ice cream comes out.

I was on a project about 15 years ago at very large firm that fell into this trap, it took over 7 years for their new system to come online, all the meanwhile the old one was supporting the firm just fine using IBM 370 assembly language.

Mark

15 minutes ago, mtrainer said:

Yes a real KORD pilot in their forum described it as "one continuous construction project".  Not a reason to ignore it through, in a way the whole world is a moving target.  I think it was even mentioned on their forums they are shooting for the look it had in 2015, which may upset some folks but it's better than just throwing up ones hands and saying I give up.  Furthermore they'd go broke if they kept working on one airport full time to keep up with the yearly changes.

Like the plan to build the original 747, the design must be frozen and stuck to.  Software engineering is the worst at scope creep, as there is always some new API or framework that comes out while something is in development.  They young developers don't get it - you can't keep rewriting stuff every time a new flavor of ice cream comes out.

I was on a project about 15 years ago at very large firm that fell into this trap, it took over 7 years for their new system to come online, all the meanwhile the old one was supporting the firm just fine using IBM 370 assembly language.

Mark

2015 are you joking. I hope they make mention of that on the product page if that's the case. People will be upset if they're not aware of that prior to purchasing.

• Like 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

2015 huh? I wonder if it will include 10r/28l....

I'm sure it will have runway 33 instead of it being SS now? 

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Reviewed the whole thread - my bad - it says this:

"Then, at the end of 2014 other runways changed, and at the end of 2015 there were other changes and in 2018 a new taxiway opened and the airport is changing again while we speak. We decided to "froze" it at the March 2018 situation, otherwise we'll never be able to release it..."

Mark

Edited by mtrainer

Looks like if I’m a betting man, we won’t be seeing this anytime soon, let alone 2018.  I posted a question asking for any news and this is what fsdreamteam responded with when asked if 2018 is still accurate. 

At this time, we cannot even explain why we cannot give any more news. 

It's nothing related to KORD V2 per se, which is still progressing well. Once we'll be able to explain why we cannot provide any updates, we'll provide those updates and everything will be more clear.

Sorry! I was just posting an update. I didn’t mean to offend!