Zimmerbz

FSDT ORD

Recommended Posts

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

7 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Here we go!

That does look very good.

Share this post


Link to post

The condensation effects on the building are just wow...

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

A new preview of KORD was released today. And it seems the new FSDT Chicago rendition is not that far away.

"very close to release....." and  "almost ok ... I'm preparing seasonal textures ....." (FSDT's Alessandro; on Facebook)

 

Edited by Wolkenschreck
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, Wolkenschreck said:

A new preview of KORD was released today. And it seems the new FSDT Chicago rendition is not that far away.

Thanks for the update. Instant buy for me.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Wolkenschreck said:

A new preview of KORD was released today. And it seems the new FSDT Chicago rendition is not that far away.

"very close to release....." and  "almost ok ... I'm preparing seasonal textures ....." (FSDT's Alessandro; on Facebook)

 

Well, watching that video I already know I'm going to be spending hours editing that ridiculously inaccurate AFCAD file...

Regardless, wow does it look great. Can't wait for this one.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Anyone hear if we get a discount if we have the old version?   

Share this post


Link to post

We used to get a ton of asrs from KORD as atc would constantly ask the 340s to keep their speed up and the guys always had problems with the energy management trying to slow down at the last minute 

Share this post


Link to post

I do not think that there will be any discount. The scenery is a totally new development and does not share anything with its predecessor.
Only the jetways need some love to make them functional with AI traffic. But Umberto said that AI support for their GSX L2 jetways will come and knowing FSDT they stand to their word. With the massive GSX update and KORD, we are surely in for a treat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, Wolkenschreck said:

I do not think that there will be any discount. The scenery is a totally new development and does not share anything with its predecessor.

We confirmed multiple times, even in our first preview video made about a year ago, there WILL be a discount for previous O'Hare owners. Yes, even if it's a total remake. 

  • Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post

Cool I think I’m gonna wait and see how soon it comes out. Was about to buy DD’s, But I don’t need MDW. 

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, UAL4life said:

Cool I think I’m gonna wait and see how soon it comes out. Was about to buy DD’s, But I don’t need MDW. 

same here 

Share this post


Link to post

How long until the KORD from FSTD will not match the real airport. KORD is and has been under construction for 50 years. Im not joking either, i seriously wanna know how long until they change a rwy, add a taxiway etc. 

 

Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

How long until the KORD from FSTD will not match the real airport. KORD is and has been under construction for 50 years. Im not joking either, i seriously wanna know how long until they change a rwy, add a taxiway etc.

The answer is - not long and it's worse than just a minor taxiway change or two.  The next big plan is for Terminal 2 to be torn down and a brand new "Global Terminal" to be built.  They've already had a design competition and the funding appears to be mostly in place.

Scott

Share this post


Link to post

I'm sure devs will cross that taxiway bridge when they get to it.... in the meantime the update will be just fine for a few years.  

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, tttocs said:

The answer is - not long and it's worse than just a minor taxiway change or two.  The next big plan is for Terminal 2 to be torn down and a brand new "Global Terminal" to be built.  They've already had a design competition and the funding appears to be mostly in place.

Scott

Do you know when theyre demolishing it and rebuilding? I want to buy the FSDT ORD but it dont want to spend money on it for it to be out dated right away, ill just use freeware AFCADS.

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Do you know when theyre demolishing it and rebuilding? I want to buy the FSDT ORD but it dont want to spend money on it for it to be out dated right away, ill just use freeware AFCADS.

A lot is still up in the air, but I think they're shooting for a 2028 completion date.  That said, they're also supposed to start work on some satellite terminals next year and I believe additions and renovations to terminal 5 start this year (if they haven't already begun - haven't been into O'hare since last year).

Bottom line is, I wouldn't expect KORD to remain unchanged anytime in the next decade.

Scott

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Same thing with VHHH and it doesn’t bother me that it’s outdated. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now