Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

FSDT ORD

3 hours ago, Wolkenschreck said:

A new preview of KORD was released today. And it seems the new FSDT Chicago rendition is not that far away.

"very close to release....." and  "almost ok ... I'm preparing seasonal textures ....." (FSDT's Alessandro; on Facebook)

Well, watching that video I already know I'm going to be spending hours editing that ridiculously inaccurate AFCAD file...

Regardless, wow does it look great. Can't wait for this one.

• Upvote 1

Anyone hear if we get a discount if we have the old version?   

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

We used to get a ton of asrs from KORD as atc would constantly ask the 340s to keep their speed up and the guys always had problems with the energy management trying to slow down at the last minute 

14ppkc-6.png

I do not think that there will be any discount. The scenery is a totally new development and does not share anything with its predecessor.
Only the jetways need some love to make them functional with AI traffic. But Umberto said that AI support for their GSX L2 jetways will come and knowing FSDT they stand to their word. With the massive GSX update and KORD, we are surely in for a treat.

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

19 minutes ago, Wolkenschreck said:

I do not think that there will be any discount. The scenery is a totally new development and does not share anything with its predecessor.

We confirmed multiple times, even in our first preview video made about a year ago, there WILL be a discount for previous O'Hare owners. Yes, even if it's a total remake. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Cool I think I’m gonna wait and see how soon it comes out. Was about to buy DD’s, But I don’t need MDW. 

20 hours ago, UAL4life said:

Cool I think I’m gonna wait and see how soon it comes out. Was about to buy DD’s, But I don’t need MDW. 

same here 

14ppkc-6.png

How long until the KORD from FSTD will not match the real airport. KORD is and has been under construction for 50 years. Im not joking either, i seriously wanna know how long until they change a rwy, add a taxiway etc. 

Thanks 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

9 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

How long until the KORD from FSTD will not match the real airport. KORD is and has been under construction for 50 years. Im not joking either, i seriously wanna know how long until they change a rwy, add a taxiway etc.

The answer is - not long and it's worse than just a minor taxiway change or two.  The next big plan is for Terminal 2 to be torn down and a brand new "Global Terminal" to be built.  They've already had a design competition and the funding appears to be mostly in place.

Scott

I'm sure devs will cross that taxiway bridge when they get to it.... in the meantime the update will be just fine for a few years.  

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

45 minutes ago, tttocs said:

The answer is - not long and it's worse than just a minor taxiway change or two.  The next big plan is for Terminal 2 to be torn down and a brand new "Global Terminal" to be built.  They've already had a design competition and the funding appears to be mostly in place.

Scott

Do you know when theyre demolishing it and rebuilding? I want to buy the FSDT ORD but it dont want to spend money on it for it to be out dated right away, ill just use freeware AFCADS.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

20 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Do you know when theyre demolishing it and rebuilding? I want to buy the FSDT ORD but it dont want to spend money on it for it to be out dated right away, ill just use freeware AFCADS.

A lot is still up in the air, but I think they're shooting for a 2028 completion date.  That said, they're also supposed to start work on some satellite terminals next year and I believe additions and renovations to terminal 5 start this year (if they haven't already begun - haven't been into O'hare since last year).

Bottom line is, I wouldn't expect KORD to remain unchanged anytime in the next decade.

Scott

• Upvote 1

Same thing with VHHH and it doesn’t bother me that it’s outdated. 

• Upvote 1