Sign in to follow this  
jemac3

After installing 7.42 Prepar3d shutsdown

I just updated to 7.42 everything seems good and about 6-8 mins in Prepar3d shuts down.

I get application error along with .net runtime error. Has anyone else experienced a similar issue after installing 7.42?

Thanks,

Jimmy Mac

It's Strange,

Prepar3d disappears (or shuts down) and as I wrote this post every time I hit the space bar I get the push to talk sound as if its still connected.

Try using one of the VOXATC example flightplans with a default P3d aircraft. If you get the same .Net error and CTD  (what is the error BTW?), try a .Net repair:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135

Unfortunately there are so many add-ons that use the .Net framework that unless someone else experience s the same error, tracking down what's wrong may be difficult. As a last resort you could uninstall and reinstall VOXATC but I tend to think that won't work.

Try different scenarios, to see if its replicable in other locations.

Also, try disabling all addons to see if you get the same crash then.

I've had a similar issue at EGGP Liverpool, where I experience a CTD at the same point crossing a particular longitudinal point every time.  I have narrowed it down to an apparent scenery problem as the CTD doesnt occur in a completely default condition.

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Thank you both for the responses I will be trying the suggestions today. I also updated the FSDT live update also

this is the .NET Runtime error

Application: Prepar3D.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 00007FFCD9343BB0

Stack:

Thanks,

Jimmy Mac