Sign in to follow this  
Woozie

Matt Davies' projects face a very uncertain future

Note: We all know that Matt is a rather controversial figure in the flight sim world, but please try to keep this discussion civil. An internet person is still a human being...

It appears that all the projects currently being developed by Mettar Simulations face a rather uncertain feature with parts of the team quitting and financial investment streams ceasing.

Here Matt's statement: 

https://mettarsim.com/2018/10/20/learn-from-my-mistakes/

TL;DR: Matt decided to take a step back and merely disappear from the public for some time. His investor Nico (the guy who bought AirDailyX and made it an ordinary, bland news site) supposedly didnt keep his promises and money flow ceased, causing some of the Mettar team to quit as they werent paid anymore.

So that puts projects like Simstall, POSCON (to a certain extend as he was only partner), ProjectFly and the infamous A380 project at risk. Many will say "I told you so!" (me included) and I'm afraid they were all right. Running several "world changing" projects at the same time is just too much for any small dev studio. 

Edited by Woozie
TL;DR added

Sad but not completely unpredictable.  Now, nothing about PTA in there, will support for that go AWOL with Matt?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Good point, totally forgot about PTA. I believe its Matts own project and not related to the Mettar team. However its not clear if Matt is just going to disappear from the public or if he's putting everything on hold for now. 

Even though the article linked above only tells Matt‘s side of the story, I really feel sorry for him. He is a controversial guy but he has done a lot of good things for this community. On the other hand, my gut feeling tells me that some other people (you know who I mean) have not been a valuable addition to this community. Just look at what happened to AirDailyX and now this. It‘s a shame. 

Edited by carlito777

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

sounds like the bloke has been in a few dark places in his life, I hope it works well out for him

Peter

• Upvote 2

Why "controversial"?

Edited by otreblA

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

1 hour ago, otreblA said:

Why "controversial"?

He seems to over promise and under deliver. His products are very similar to other projects that are out there (ProjectFly / SimBuddy and POSCOM / VATSIM). Some folks are not fans of that. He also purchased PTA which was donate-ware once upon a time and then sold it. 

Read that statement, really wish him well. 

• Like 1

We've come to expect problems with PTA for next updates of P3Dv4 (like for example P3Dv4.4)?

Please see this:

https://mettarsim.com/2018/10/20/learn-from-my-mistakes/

It dosen't sounds good for me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

In the event he needs to raise money he'll probably should sell the PTA rights to someone capable of continuing it.

I don't want to loose those presets!.

We can find more information here: https://fselite.net/news/the-current-state-of-mettar-simulations-projectfly-a380-simstall-and-poscon/

Cheers, Ed

Edited by edpatino

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I clicked on the link, read, and don't understand the link with PTA?

- TONY -

Hopefully PTA can continue .....

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

5 minutes ago, Simicro said:

I clicked on the link, read, and don't understand the link with PTA?

Matt is the current author of the PTA for P3Dv4, so if he quits from flight simming, he'll probably stop its development for future versions of P3D, at least for some time (if ever, as he mentions).

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Afaik PTA is a personal project of Matt and not a project of Mettar. Nevertheless, if he steps back from everything he’ll probably also step back from PTA. Maybe it can/will/should become a freeware project again, is it was.

Thanks Ed, I was not aware for Matt being the author of PTA.

- TONY -

Just now, Simicro said:

Thanks Ed, I was not aware for Matt being the author of PTA.

He isn’t. He bought the rights and turned it into payware after adding his own preset. That’s about it, really. He didn’t create it.