Sign in to follow this  
rvm33

MD-11 pmdg & MCE FO

Hello, when flying MD-11 pmdg FO is eager to do all by himself, more so than in other planes. I particularly find it very annoying when ATC issues speed reductions, HDG or new FL that the FO immediately starts dialing them in.

Is there a way to stop him dial in any autopilot related data, maybe similar to the dll option in fsl a3x with the fcusupport=0?

53 minutes ago, rvm33 said:

Hello, when flying MD-11 pmdg FO is eager to do all by himself, more so than in other planes. I particularly find it very annoying when ATC issues speed reductions, HDG or new FL that the FO immediately starts dialing them in.

Is there a way to stop him dial in any autopilot related data, maybe similar to the dll option in fsl a3x with the fcusupport=0?

Is it with Native ATC, PF3 or Radar Contact ATC?

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 11:22 AM, rvm33 said:

PF3

By default when you start MCE, FO has the COMMs and automatically sets thing on ground and when airborne, only when hand flying the aircraft.

Youi need to tell him "I have the radio", "My radio" if you want to handle ATC yourself from the beginning.

Go to "General" tab in MCE user interface and click <More options>

In "advanced options" panel, click <View config>

mce.ini config file should open in Notepad.

Scroll down to the [ATC] section.

If you don't want Fo to dial anything in Autopilot panel, add this line.

FoAlwaysDialsVHF=0

If you don't want Fo to always dial VHF, ad this line

FoAlwaysDialsVHF=0

1 hour ago, FS++ said:

By default when you start MCE, FO has the COMMs and automatically sets thing on ground and when airborne, only when hand flying the aircraft.

Youi need to tell him "I have the radio", "My radio" if you want to handle ATC yourself from the beginning.

Go to "General" tab in MCE user interface and click <More options>

In "advanced options" panel, click <View config>

mce.ini config file should open in Notepad.

Scroll down to the [ATC] section.

If you don't want Fo to dial anything in Autopilot panel, add this line.

FoAlwaysDialsVHF=0

If you don't want Fo to always dial VHF, ad this line

FoAlwaysDialsVHF=0

Hi Gerald,

"My radio" is clear, I know about that.

I want the FO to dial VHF and his thing but without touching the Autopilot. Please confirm which of the lines does that from the above.

Also it would be great if this would be true to anay plane I fly.

Thanks!

26 minutes ago, rvm33 said:

Hi Gerald,

"My radio" is clear, I know about that.

I want the FO to dial VHF and his thing but without touching the Autopilot. Please confirm which of the lines does that from the above.

Also it would be great if this would be true to anay plane I fly.

Thanks!

Sorry, my mistake.

I was meant to mention...

FoAlwaysDialsAfs=0

That option will prevent him setting autopilot HDG, SPD and ALT, at least when airborne.

VHF dialling is expected to work with almost ANY aircraft.

Autopilot HDG, SPD, ALT dialing is subject to aircraft being fully supported (42 complex aircraft supported so far, not mentioning supported simple aircraft like Carenado or A2A light aircraft)

Unfortunately none of the above options placed in [ATC] stop the FO to mess around with speeds and altitudes at every ATC message from PFE that contains a speed or an altitude. On top, FO gets it always wrong. He is not able to dial the correct heading, altitude or speed when instructed to do so by me or the ATC, he just dials in something.

Maybe the lines placed in [ATC] section are misspelled?! Maybe the mcpmd11X.dll is corrupted in the installer.? I did several fresh installs (uninstalled everything and deleted the mce dll folder and all rest files) last this evening and no luck. 

What can be done?

Actually, if not stopped, FO inserts correct values for speed, ALT and heading turning me into spectator...

1 minute ago, rvm33 said:

Actually, if not stopped, FO inserts correct values for speed, ALT and heading turning me into spectator...

By default FO has the comms.

As soon as MCE starts, tell Fo, "I have the radio".

ALso, remove option "FO can take over ATC when busy" in MCE UI, <ATC> section.

Finally, in "mce.ini" make sure the options are set as follows

[ATC]

FoAlwaysDialsVHF=0

FoAlwaysDialsAfs=0

With above settings, you are in charge of ATC.

You still retainm the ability ask Fo to dial the odd Frequency, HDG, SPD or ALT via a direct command, 

Yes, this is clear. "I have the radio" I do say at the beginning and the option "FO can take over ATC when busy" in MCE UI, <ATC> section is removed. 

[ATC]

FoAlwaysDialsVHF=0

FoAlwaysDialsAfs=0

are inserted in mce.ini but seem to have no effect in MCE. FO by himself changes values regardless who is in control of the radio, following every ATC (PF3) command and cannot be stopped. This I encountered only in this airplane.

8 minutes ago, rvm33 said:

Yes, this is clear. "I have the radio" I do say at the beginning and the option "FO can take over ATC when busy" in MCE UI, <ATC> section is removed. 

[ATC]

FoAlwaysDialsVHF=0

FoAlwaysDialsAfs=0

are inserted in mce.ini but seem to have no effect in MCE. FO by himself changes values regardless who is in control of the radio, following every ATC (PF3) command and cannot be stopped. This I encountered only in this airplane.

Where did you install MCE to (Path?) and is Windows UAC enabled (default settings) or disabled.

We recommend keeping UAC at default settings and installing MCE to C;\Proghram Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\ folder.

Windows UAC is off.

MCE is in C:\FSX\Multi Crew Experience

It has been like this for years :) and working properly, except the MD11

[ATC]
FoAlwaysDialsAfs=0        // will prevent FO dial in HDG, SPD and ALT at least when airborne
UseSpeechPaceTweak=0
Mode=PFE
PreventNativeATCCancellation=0
UseRadioNoise=1
StaticNoiseLevel=3
PTTTimeout=3000
SecondaryNeedAtcWindow=0
atc1=0
atc2=0
atc3=0
atc4=0
atc5=1
UsePFE=1
UseRadarContact=0
IgnoreRC4Registry=0    //(Set this to 1 when RC4 isn't installed on the same machine as MCE)
RC4path=
IgnorePFERegistry=0    //(Set this to 1 when PFE isn't installed on the same machine as MCE)
PFEpath=C:\PF3\
IgnoreFlightPlan=0
FlightPlansPath=C:\Users\username\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\

Above the [ATC] section of mce.ini