Good morning,

I had:

- P3D v3.4

- PMDG NGX

- FS2Crew (without RAAS)

- A2A Cherokee

(plus ORBX, EZcam, 

AND

Microsoft Office Pro 32 bit (but with Access not installed)

All was working fine: I mean P3D and Microsoft Office

The 14, october 2018 I uninstalled P3D V3.4 and installed P3D V4, then

- PMDG NGX

- Fs2crew 64 bit version (without RAAS)

- A2A cherokee

DId not change anything in Microsoft Office.

After the new P3D + addons installation , when I try to launch any Office application installed (Excel/Word, Acces is not installed)

I get a Installation Error

cCwBraP.png

(translated it means the same of the issue reported in the PMDG 777 forum 

Reading the topic above it is stated that the issue is reported also by people NOT HAVING Fs2crew installed.

So it seems to be a PMDG issue, not a FS2Crew (anyway I have posted it also in the FS2Crew support forum).

Now the quuestion is:

More than one year has passed since that topic....

did PMDG analyzed this possible PMDG issue and find a solution?

Is there a way to esclude/unistall that Microsoft Access database engine (spanish) module without causing problems to both P3DV4 and Microsoft Office?

By the way, I do not know who (FS2crew or PMDG installed that Microsoft Access module but googling the issue  I have seen that the installation of such a module happens also to some other application not related to flight simming that during some updates install a 64bit module over 32bit Office application, causing the issue). 

Thank you,

20 minutes ago, Marenostrum said:

Good morning,

I had:

- P3D v3.4

- PMDG NGX

- FS2Crew (without RAAS)

- A2A Cherokee

(plus ORBX, EZcam, 

AND

Microsoft Office Pro 32 bit (but with Access not installed)

All was working fine: I mean P3D and Microsoft Office

The 14, october 2018 I uninstalled P3D V3.4 and installed P3D V4, then

- PMDG NGX

- Fs2crew 64 bit version (without RAAS)

- A2A cherokee

DId not change anything in Microsoft Office.

After the new P3D + addons installation , when I try to launch any Office application installed (Excel/Word, Acces is not installed)

I get a Installation Error

cCwBraP.png

(translated it means the same of the issue reported in the PMDG 777 forum 

Reading the topic above it is stated that the issue is reported also by people NOT HAVING Fs2crew installed.

So it seems to be a PMDG issue, not a FS2Crew (anyway I have posted it also in the FS2Crew support forum).

Now the quuestion is:

More than one year has passed since that topic....

did PMDG analyzed this possible PMDG issue and find a solution?

Is there a way to esclude/unistall that Microsoft Access database engine (spanish) module without causing problems to both P3DV4 and Microsoft Office?

By the way, I do not know who (FS2crew or PMDG installed that Microsoft Access module but googling the issue  I have seen that the installation of such a module happens also to some other application not related to flight simming that during some updates install a 64bit module over 32bit Office application, causing the issue). 

Thank you,

Stefano,

The NGX DOES NOT uses RAAS so I do not believe is something we install. You can go to the add/remove programs though and uninstall this particular  Microsoft Access installation.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

42 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

Stefano,

The NGX DOES NOT uses RAAS so I do not believe is something we install. You can go to the add/remove programs though and uninstall this particular  Microsoft Access installation.

Good morning Chris,

Yes I know it. RAAS is a feature of Fs2crw RAAS ....but It is absolutely not clear if this issue is related to RAAS. In my case, for example I have FS2Crew 64bit  WITHOUT RAAS...but the issue remains.

Reading the topic about the 777 you will read a post where a customer says that he has not FS2crew at all!. 

If it is confirmed, we could state that this is not an FS2crew problem.

Edited by Marenostrum

2 minutes ago, Marenostrum said:

Good morning Chris,

Yes I know it. RAAS is a feature of Fs2crw RAAS ....but It is absolutely not clear if this issue is related to RAAS. In my case, for example I have FS2Crew 64bit  WITHOUT RAAS...but the issue remains.

Reading the topic about the 777 you will read a post where a customer says that he has not FS2crew at all!. 

If it is confirmed, we could state that this is not an FS2crew problem.

RAAS is a program written by FS2Crew developers. We are using a locked version of it on the 777/744. It installs the 32 bit spanish access which is know to cause issues if users are having installed a 32bit office program. Besides deleting the 64 bit access that RAAS installs there is nothing we can do regarding this as this is not our program. Our recommendation is to speak with FS2crew developer.

Chris Makris

16 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

RAAS is a program written by FS2Crew developers. We are using a locked version of it on the 777/744. It installs the 32 bit spanish access which is know to cause issues if users are having installed a 32bit office program. Besides deleting the 64 bit access that RAAS installs there is nothing we can do regarding this as this is not our program. Our recommendation is to speak with FS2crew developer.

Thank you Chris,

I have in parallel informed FS2crew and they are answering, Let me be very simple and clear and help me to address this issue to the correct developer:

Stating that I have installed only the PMDG 737 NGX,

can you confirmed that the PMDG 737 NGX product DOES NOT INSTALL ANY MICROSOFT ACCESS DATABASE ENGINE 2010 (SPANISH) MODULE?

IN this case, also if I have not purchased the FS2crew RAAS version, it is possible that FS2crew installed it also in the "base" product for the NGX.

Thank you again for your patiente.

1 minute ago, Marenostrum said:

Thank you Chris,

I have in parallel informed FS2crew and they are answering, Let me be very simple and clear and help me to address this issue to the correct developer:

Stating that I have installed only the PMDG 737 NGX,

can you confirmed that the PMDG 737 NGX product DOES NOT INSTALL ANY MICROSOFT ACCESS DATABASE ENGINE 2010 (SPANISH) MODULE?

IN this case, also if I have not purchased the FS2crew RAAS version, it is possible that FS2crew installed it also in the "base" product for the NGX.

Thank you again for your patiente.

Stefano, if NGX installs the Spanish DB engine it would be only if RAAS was included with that product.  There is no other reason for the NGX or any of our products to install this. I need to check with the developer who does the installers if for any reason the RAAS installer was included in the NGX for any reason.

Chris Makris

2 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

Stefano, if NGX installs the Spanish DB engine it would be only if RAAS was included with that product.  There is no other reason for the NGX or any of our products to install this. I need to check with the developer who does the installers if for any reason the RAAS installer was included in the NGX for any reason.

Your reasonament is clear and I agree with it...but, as you says...it is not the definitive answer that has to be addressed to a PMDG developer.

The same could be said for FS2crew....because I DID NOT BUY THE FS2CREW RAAS version ...so the answer could be the same as yours...but as we both know...sometimes some modules are installed without being used for future or  optional versions that unlock it. This could be valid for the FS2crew without RAAS or not. I do not know.

SO, to be sure it is better to have a definitive answer by the PMDG developer that knows what the NGX product installs on the disk. In this way we can definitive clarify where to better address the issue.

UPDATE:

the FS2crew developer that built the installation module of the product writes that the FS2crew without RAAS (the one I have) DOES NOT HAVE THE RAAS MODULE and do not require the Access Database module 2010 causing the issue.

It remains only PMDG that, by the way, I used in the 32bit version of P3D without any issue.

It remains also P3D V4....is it possible that P3D V4 is installing that module?

Edited by Marenostrum

Another post in the PMDG forum to be taken into consideration.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Posted September 11, 2017 by SKYSTAR

I do have an issue with the spanish Access Database Engine 2010 64Bit too.

But I don't have the PMDG 777 installed!!!

I'm not able to install the Office 2010 Pro 32Bit, due to a Setup-Error.

The Access Databese Engine appears to be installed on my computer on the 08/19/2017.

On the same day, I had the following other Addons installed:

• A2A C128
  • A2A Commanche 250
  • JustSim EDDH
  • JustSim EDDL
  • PMDG 737-8900 (the same as me)
  • PMDG 737-6700

I don't have any PS2Crew installed.

This is already my 2nd PC setup in 4 weeks, as I ran into the "Spanish Access" before, wenn I installed the MS-Office 2010 first and got the error messages when all of my P3DV4 Addons were installed.

Ralf

______________________________________________________________________________________________

FS2crew was not in the list ...whilst PMDG NGX is existing.

So the question remains....IS PMDG COMPLETELY SURE THAT THE ACCESS MODULE IS NOT INSTALLED BY THE NGX PRODUCT?

If yes...what to do considering that uninstalling that module seems to create bigger problems to P3D V4?

First thing why do you have a 32 bit software installed on a machine that can handle 64bit? If you are running p3dv4.

1 hour ago, Marenostrum said:

Another post in the PMDG forum to be taken into consideration.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Posted September 11, 2017 by SKYSTAR

I do have an issue with the spanish Access Database Engine 2010 64Bit too.

But I don't have the PMDG 777 installed!!!

I'm not able to install the Office 2010 Pro 32Bit, due to a Setup-Error.

The Access Databese Engine appears to be installed on my computer on the 08/19/2017.

On the same day, I had the following other Addons installed:

• A2A C128
  • A2A Commanche 250
  • JustSim EDDH
  • JustSim EDDL
  • PMDG 737-8900 (the same as me)
  • PMDG 737-6700

I don't have any PS2Crew installed.

This is already my 2nd PC setup in 4 weeks, as I ran into the "Spanish Access" before, wenn I installed the MS-Office 2010 first and got the error messages when all of my P3DV4 Addons were installed.

Ralf

______________________________________________________________________________________________

FS2crew was not in the list ...whilst PMDG NGX is existing.

So the question remains....IS PMDG COMPLETELY SURE THAT THE ACCESS MODULE IS NOT INSTALLED BY THE NGX PRODUCT?

If yes...what to do considering that uninstalling that module seems to create bigger problems to P3D V4?

Stefano. As I wrote the solution is simple. Uninstall it from your add/remove programs. Again if it is installed by us it would be due to RAAS module, the fact that you do not see RAAS operational in the NGX does not mean it is not installed in the background.

Chris Makris

49 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

Stefano. As I wrote the solution is simple. Uninstall it from your add/remove programs. Again if it is installed by us it would be due to RAAS module, the fact that you do not see RAAS operational in the NGX does not mean it is not installed in the background.

Chris, I have seen that you have answered the PMDG ticket...so I reply here to inform the community too.

I  have unistalled the Access Database 2010 (spanish) module via the win 10 control panel and now:

- after a computer restart: word and excel start without errors

- P3D V4.3 open starts errors

- if I load a scenario with a PMDG saved,  PMDG NGX can be loaded but sometimes (?) I get a voice out of my speakers saying something like........"PMDG has found an SDK error...please contact FS2crew". (or similar...I Just heard it two times randomly)

But FS2crew seems to work properly.

What does it mean that voice? how to switch it off?

By the way....following your indication now the MSoffice issue has been solved.

Thank you

9 minutes ago, Marenostrum said:

Chris, I have seen that you have answered the PMDG ticket...so I reply here to inform the community too.

I  have unistalled the Access Database 2010 (spanish) module via the win 10 control panel and now:

- after a computer restart: word and excel start without errors

- P3D V4.3 open starts errors

- if I load a scenario with a PMDG saved,  PMDG NGX can be loaded but sometimes (?) I get a voice out of my speakers saying something like........"PMDG has found an SDK error...please contact FS2crew". (or similar...I Just heard it two times randomly)

But FS2crew seems to work properly.

What does it mean that voice? how to switch it off?

By the way....following your indication now the MSoffice issue has been solved.

Thank you

This is the first time I hear of such voice message. There is no reason for us to have such a message. Might be something from fs2crew? 

Chris Makris

I removed it then did a flight in the 777 but no raas. Reinstalled the 777 and the file was installed so I guess raas does use the file. Btw that sound if it was a pmdg file then that would be located in the sub directory of pmdg in p3d.

22 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

This is the first time I hear of such voice message. There is no reason for us to have such a message. Might be something from fs2crew?

Just for you to know....

YES...it is a voice message referring to the PMDG product but generated by FS2crew.

It could happen if I open a saved situation where the aircraft is not set as FS2crew is expecting (eg Cold and Dark).

I usually open saved situations but all with the aircraft set in a cold and dark setup. This time, for test reasons, I opened the aircraft as set by PMDG by default and FS2crew launched the vocal message of error.

Nothing to do with PMDG itself.