Good morning,

I had:

- P3D v3.4

- PMDG NGX

- FS2Crew (without RAAS)

- A2A Cherokee

(plus ORBX, EZcam, ...)

AND

Microsoft Office Pro 32 bit (but with Access not installed)

All was working fine: I mean P3D and Microsoft Office

The 14, october 2018 I uninstalled P3D V3.4 and installed P3D V4, then

- PMDG NGX

- Fs2crew 64 bit version (without RAAS)

- A2A cherokee

DId not change anything in Microsoft Office.

After the new P3D + addons installation , when I try to launch any Office application installed (Excel/Word, Acces is not installed)

I get a Installation Error

cCwBraP.png

(translated it means the same of the issue reported in the PMDG 777 forum)

In the post above it is not clear if the Microsoft Acccess database engine 2010 (Spanish) module has been installed by FS2crew or PMDG.

For sure it has been installed the same day I installed P3D V4 and all the other add ons.

The question is:

Are you aware of this issue? is the module installed by FS2Crew? If yes, Is there a way to esclude/unistall that Microsoft Access database engine (spanish) module without causing problems to both P3DV4 and Microsoft Office?

Thank you 

Microsoft Access Database engine is associated with the 64 bit version of RAAS only.

If you didn't install RAAS manually, then you got it when you installed the PMDG 777 or 747 (since RAAS comes with those two aircraft).

The Spanish is the just the localization language (my RAAS programmer speaks Spanish).

The English version is exactly the same, except the text is in English.

If you don't want to use RAAS, you should be able to uninstall 64 bit Microsoft Access Database engine.

Why not just upgrade to Office 64 bits?

20 minutes ago, byork said:

Microsoft Access Database engine is associated with the 64 bit version of RAAS only.

If you didn't install RAAS manually, then you got it when you installed the PMDG 777 or 747 (since RAAS comes with those two aircraft).

The Spanish is the just the localization language (my RAAS programmer speaks Spanish).

The English version is exactly the same, except the text is in English.

If you don't want to use RAAS, you should be able to uninstall 64 bit Microsoft Access Database engine.

Why not just upgrade to Office 64 bits?

I bought, as mentioned, the FS2crew 64bit NGX without RAAS...

And, I have installed only the NGX 737. The 737 does not have any RAAS module. (only the 777 that I do not have) as PMDG says

The consequence is that the microsoft database module has been installed by FS2crew, in a spanish version that I do not need (I have italian version of win64, and italian version of office)

I do not want to rise any dispute, I'd only like to solve my issue. The upgrade to Office 64 bt is not the cheapest one and, more thatn this, I read that it did not solve the issue too to other users.

Edited by Marenostrum

As mentioned, only RAAS (64 Bit) uses the Microsoft Access Database Engine.

The regular FS2Crew (flight crew simulation program) does not.

As the guy who built the installer, I can say this with 1000 percent certainty 🙂

RAAS comes for free with the Aerosoft Airbus, Aerosoft CRJ, PMDG 777 and PMDG 747.

Did you install the Aerosoft Airbus by chance?

Why not just uninstall the Microsoft Access Database engine (64 bit) via the Control Panel?

26 minutes ago, byork said:

As mentioned, only RAAS (64 Bit) uses the Microsoft Access Database Engine.

The regular FS2Crew (flight crew simulation program) does not.

As the guy who built the installer, I can say this with 1000 percent certainty 🙂

RAAS comes for free with the Aerosoft Airbus, Aerosoft CRJ, PMDG 777 and PMDG 747.

Did you install the Aerosoft Airbus by chance?

Why not just uninstall the Microsoft Access Database engine (64 bit) via the Control Panel?

IN parallel with our polite conversation, I am doing the same with PMDG.

The last post by a developer says that the NGX 737 does not have any RAAS module (not the same for the 777 and 747) but he has to finally ask to the responsible of the installation package to check it.

I have installed only PMDG NGX  and A2A cherokee.

(+ EZcam, orbx products, GSX lev2)

Edited by Marenostrum

My guess is you may have installed RAAS 64 bits somewhere at sometime, then uninstalled it and forgot about it.

There's a theoretical chance that another addon installed the Spanish language version of the Microsoft Access Database engine, but that's a very, very remote chance.

At any rate, just do as PMDG suggested, and uninstall the Microsoft Access database engine via the Control Panel.

Problem solved.

7 minutes ago, byork said:

My guess is you may have installed RAAS 64 bits somewhere at sometime, then uninstalled it and forgot about it.

There's a theoretical chance that another addon installed the Spanish language version of the Microsoft Access Database engine, but that's a very, very remote chance.

At any rate, just do as PMDG suggested, and uninstall the Microsoft Access database engine via the Control Panel.

Problem solved.

Before 14th october I had the P3D V3.4 with PMDG NGX (no 747, 777, ...) and FS2crew NGX NO RAAS. 

...and no problems too 🙂

The issue started immediately after the installation of P3D 4.3 + PMDG NGX (same product) +

FS2Crew: PMDG 737 NGX Reboot (Voice and Button Control - P3D 64 Bit)

(I copied and paste from the Fs2crew receipt)

The solution to uninstall the Microsoft access database engine 2010 created a series of problems to som other users

Just for you to know.

PMDG has answered telling me to uninstall that access database module (via win 10 control panel) .

The module has been probably installed by the PMDG also if it is a feature not existing for the NGX (for future possible expansions).

I unistalled it and restarted the PC.

All seems to work properly with the exception of a voice that randomly says, out of my speakers, something similar to  "PMDG has found an SDK error please contact FS2crew".

Not always, only sometimes ...but for the rest FS2crew works properly.