Sign in to follow this  
Ephedrin

Strange Takeoff behaviour

Hi all,

Could someone please tell me if following behaviour might be a panel state issue? Or where this could come from? I've never seen that before and honestly I don't expect FSUIPC to be the bad guy here...

First of, I have installed an Air Vanuatu livery right before this flight, activated my standard PMDG 737 profile in FSUIPC for this tail number and adopted the aircraft options of my KLM 737. I set up my flight from NZAA to NFFN, no FS2C today, real weather via AS4. everything that is accessable or noticable from the cockpit has been within normal limits. 

I have SmartCars running.

TO1 at around 95%N1, Flaps 5, TOW 73 tons (B738)

After turning on TOGA mode the engines spooled up normally. I noticed that it literally took forever to reach V1 and Vr, runway 23L has a length of 3500m and I needed almost all of it. At Vr I pulled the nose up and at a pitch of around 5° the airplane was in the air and climbing out, but without gaining any speed. Also I could hardly climb with 700FPM without losing speed. I had a sneaking suspicion that there might be something not set up correctly in the background (panel states, what ever) and as Smartcars logs at least the flaps I checked that. It showed "Flaps set to position 8" Now I know that for example FSlabs use a lot more "internal" flap position for the Airbus than only the 4 lever positions. But I wouldn't expect PMDG using something like this on the 737. And position 8 would actually match up with Flaps 40. 

I then decided not to quit the flight and try to fix the system as I already have little time to fly atm so I retracted the flaps from 5 to 1 and suddenly my nose went up and the climb rate increased to 2800fpm (VNAV)

So... panel state? flight model corruption after the livery installation? I don't think that's possible, is it? FSUIPC anyway?

cheers 😃

Ok, that's weird... on approach I've just selected Flaps 1 and there's a drag generated that brakes me down to unflyable speeds within seconds that no Flaps-Gear-Spoiler combination would achieve... I guess I'll do a zero flaps approach into Nadi... 😕

dude... where's my QRH... 

Edited by Ephedrin

I normally do so (via FSUIPC) but since I usually fly with FS2Crew I have disabled it for the 737. This time I selected the flaps with a mouse click on the flaps lever. 

Drag/flap issues due to FSUIPC appear here about once a month.  For testing purposes move the FSUIPC ini to your desktop.  If that doesn't clear the issue you can put it back but most of the time it's something amiss in the FSUIPC configuration.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan I have made a second takeoff with the same livery and had the same problem but not with the KLM livery. I went into the FSUIPC.ini and removed the livery from the profile. then I restarted P3D and a flight with the KLM, switched to the Vanuatu (not to fly, just for FSUIPC), saved the setting for the Vanuatu and since then it has worked fine... I don't wonder that this module drives people crazy...