Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

-8 How to bring in winds?

I can bring in a PFPX COROUTE no problem but I cannot get the winds in like I could in the -400.

Don’t I go to FMC COMM then LSK 5L <WIND or LSK 6L <DES FORECAST?

But on both screens I see DATA LINK NO COMM.

Can anyone give me an idea what I’m doing wrong?

I use AS4 for weather as does PFPX.

Thanks 

Jack Sawyer

11 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

I can bring in a PFPX COROUTE no problem but I cannot get the winds in like I could in the -400.

Don’t I go to FMC COMM then LSK 5L <WIND or LSK 6L <DES FORECAST?

But on both screens I see DATA LINK NO COMM.

Can anyone give me an idea what I’m doing wrong?

I use AS4 for weather as does PFPX.

Thanks 

Jack the following knowledge base article should solve this. It is also mentioned in the Introduction document

https://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a126/loading-a-rte-via-datalink.aspx

• Like 1

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

12 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

Jack the following knowledge base article should solve this. It is also mentioned in the Introduction document

I just did all this at 38K ft.  I see the DLINK ACT* but no way to load it.  No request send.

Edited by Jack_Sawyer

Jack Sawyer

Also, I really have to understand the relationship between the left and center CDU’s.  Still learning so I apologize if I seem like a dunce.  

I can’t access any other pages on the center CDU.  Must be normal?

Jack Sawyer

The left and right cdu near the pilots are the main cdus. The center cdu is used for in our case for maintenance, payload and fuel, doors and acars. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ph-cxz said:

The left and right cdu near the pilots are the main cdus. The center cdu is used for in our case for maintenance, payload and fuel, doors and acars. 

Thanks.

Through experimentation I discovered that after I do what's describe din the article I have to go BACK to CDU 1.

However, when I do and try this it doesn't work.  Here's what I did:

FMC COM CDU 1 - LSK 5L WIND - LSK6R REQUEST - SEND - SENDING - WIND DATA UPLINK READY - LSK 6R - LOAD - EXEC - Do not see winds.

And when I try the same with the DES FORECAST UPLINK READY I get "invalid Forecast Uplink"

So I have to try to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Jack Sawyer

20 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

Hello Chris:

I had read this article and also watched your two videos. But I have the question of receiving information for a route that has been programmed at the moment of the flight, in other words, hasn't been saved before.

An example could be a route for VATSIM's "Cross the Pond" event, where the (long) route is sent to the pilot just a few hours before the flight.

Am I right to assume that wind and other such information for the route, would not be available in the CDU/FMC?

Thank you.

Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

3 hours ago, athiele said:

I think you need a route in Active Sky. 

Andreas 

I’ve never needed one before on the -400 or 777.

Jack Sawyer

1 hour ago, r_stopnicki said:

Hello Chris:

I had read this article and also watched your two videos. But I have the question of receiving information for a route that has been programmed at the moment of the flight, in other words, hasn't been saved before.

An example could be a route for VATSIM's "Cross the Pond" event, where the (long) route is sent to the pilot just a few hours before the flight.

Am I right to assume that wind and other such information for the route, would not be available in the CDU/FMC?

Thank you.

Roberto

It will be available if you have loaded the route in Active sky. In the 744 you might had the option to load the .wx file automatically. Check FMC Simulation options "SIM PLN FILE FOR WX: Automatically exports the active FMC route into a P3D format WX.pln file saved in My Documents\Prepar3D or FSX Files for loading into external weather programs. This file is created and subsequently updated each time the user selects a CDU page that contains a weather data related REQUEST prompt (RTE DATA, DES FORECAST, ALTN pages)."

• Upvote 1

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com