Sign in to follow this  
Flic1

Latest updates not working

I did not have ANY add-ons running when I tested this with the exception of CHASEPLANE.  I spent most of the morning trying to isolate the problem and completely deleted both MADDOGX and FS2C, then reinstalled both and did a C&D startup following the checklist exactly.  The first time running the sim after clean installation the FO Flows worked, but not at all after that.  On this first event I ran a complete flight and FO followed Flows and my commands properly.  Nothing after this first flight.

The FS2C window comes up properly on C&D and asks for connection of AC Power.  Once power is connected FS2C goes to PRE START (B).  After power is connected, I started the PF and the counter starts but no FO comes aboard and no flows happen.  FO will answer GREAT, and DEPARTURE BRIEF.  Other actions for load sheet, boarding, Proper Fuel, etc all happen, but no FO FLOWS.

I am going to make a video of the process and upload to YouTube and will post a link to it here to show what is going on but having tried most every combination of what I can think of that might change this, the FO is very consistently AWOL.

Mike Willey -  St Paul, Minnesota

vZBW VATSIM Controller

Jetline Systems WIN10 Pro Running P3DV5.1 and PMDG 737

1 hour ago, MikeWings said:

The first time running the sim after clean installation the FO Flows worked, but not at all after that.  On this first event I ran a complete flight and FO followed Flows and my commands properly.  Nothing after this first flight.

I believe this is happening to you, but the question is why.  Something is being "saved" somewhere after your first flight that is knocking the FO out.  

Are you using saved panel states?  Sometimes those things can mess things up.  I generally recommend not using saved panel states.

Try it without ChasePlane.

Thanks for believing in me 😉  ... I am not using any saved panel states.  Just trying to start from the selected raw aircraft config.  

After my usual, waking up in the middle of the night and thinking about what might be different, this morning I started a raw flight and in the configuration panel I selected all the options as YES.  IOW, when I had the AWOL problem the START-CREW, Jetway, doors, Gated dep, Gate Arr, UGSX were all NO. (as I was planning to use other options for this.. I do have GSX ground services, but I had not selected any of this addon for any test flight here)   

This morning after bringing up the aircraft in C&D mode at the gate I brought up the config panel and changed all of those to YES.  THE FO SHOWED UP.  And he seems to now be showing up each time.  I have not done any more than this so I don't know if it is one of those selections or some combination but this DEFINATELY had an affect. 

I will continue to try to get more consistent cause and effect data, but there seems to be some relationship between these selections and the AWOL problem.

Thanks for continuing to follow up ...I know with all of the variations of user systems your job is hard, but I am trying not to send you on any wild goose chases.  I try to make sure its not me before asking you!!.. 😉

Mike

vZBW VATSIM Controller

If you would like me to run some specific tests based on these observations, let me know

vZBW VATSIM Controller

OK, I think I have a handle on it.  More testing this morning.  I did one other thing in my earlier testing that I thought had no impact on anything but actually did and so it WAS NOT the changing of the parameters from NO to YES, but the other thing that did at the same time as changing these parameters and that was RESIZING OF THE MAIN PANEL WINDOW.  I have a 42 inch screen so when I bring up the FS2C Main Panel it is a bit distorted, so from the beginning I had resized it and put it into the corner of the screen.  This apparantly is what is causing the AWOL FO.  The other indication is that each time I resize the main panel window I get a message on the screen saying that "FS2CREW VOICE MODE ACTIVATED" (or something close to that).  You should be able to try it on your machine.  I tested this with the following results:

Each time I left the main panel full size as it comes up the FO shows up.
I also changed all of the YES selections to NO in the config panel and as long as I left the main panel full size, everything worked.
Finally I started a new flight, left the main panel full size had the FO start his flows and in the middle of the flows, I resized the main panel and the FO went AWOL again.   

I can now run FS2CREW consistently with FO there as long as I do not resize the main panel.

Hope this is repeatable for you..

Mike

vZBW VATSIM Controller

Bryan,

OK, Thanks for following along.. Just one more question.  When the FO finishes the PF Above the line,  he goes directly into the Below The Line without any trigger from the PF, is that the way it is designed??

Again thanks to all of the FS2 Crew for these great addons

Mike

vZBW VATSIM Controller

No, you have to call for the Checklist.  He shouldn't do it automatically.

Check the CVR voice log... the speech recognition system may have detected you saying the trigger for the checklist phrase, but you didn't realize it.

Keep an eye on the green bar.

Actually Bryan it happens every time even with the Mic disconnected..

vZBW VATSIM Controller

I sure will..

I understand that there are many different configurations that can cause various affects, so not trying to criticize at all, just trying to help work out any bugs.. I have made several flights now with the Maddog and the FS2C work is very good..

vZBW VATSIM Controller

Bryan,

I continued to look at this and after many other uses of the PF with the FO, it looks like when the FO announces that the "Preflight Checklist Above The Line" complete, the microphone is picking up the next trigger line from the speakers as it is coming up on the green line as he speaks and this triggers the "below the line" call.  I use speakers for all of the FO communications as I am using the headset for vPilot communications run on another computer.  I'll continue to monitor.

By the way, I looked for the CVR recording file in the roaming folder and did not find any file like that in the maddogRB folder??

Mike

Edited by MikeWings

vZBW VATSIM Controller