Sign in to follow this  
Flic1

Latest updates not working

Hi Bryan - I continue to have issues with version 1.5.  The FO is not consistent in performing his duties for some reason.  He will get through the pre-flight on most occasions but then things go wrong.  I just did 2 flights over the past day and on the first one he stopped performing any duties on Taxi check.  The second flight he stopped on the 'Before start check'. After I confirmed 'approved' on the startup and pushback clearance he does not do any tasks. Cycling through the sections does not solve the problem.  The only thing that fixes it is going back to version 1.3.  I am using the latest version of the Maddog but this has been happening ever since FS2C version 1.4 came out.  I use voice control and have confirmed no mute buttons are on, etc. Just wondering if you had any ideas on this.  Otherwise I will continue to use 1.3 which seems to work perfectly.  I'd like the option to turn lights on at 10k but assume nothing can be edited on version 1.3 for that?

Thanks!

Eric

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

9 hours ago, byork said:

Can you triple confirm you're following the manual "to the letter"?

Hi - Did anything significant change  in the manual between 1.3 and 1.5?  Like I said, 1.3 works just fine and I use the Flows/Checklist that Mark W. put together (ver 1.5 from 3/23/18).  I have also tried stating 'set and checked' which does not help in this case.  I have also tried numerous sim restarts and the problem continued. Thanks! 

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

7 hours ago, byork said:

The Change Log is here, and nothing drastic changed in the manual:

Also, when things stopped working, did you still see things in the Green Bar when you spoke?

Oddly I don't get the green bar at all with 'DSP' turned on even on the 1.3 version which works fine....

Eric

23 hours ago, byork said:

So when you talk you don't see a "Green Bar" that shows what the system is detecting.

I think there's an option in FSUIPC somewhere to disable the green bar.  Maybe you checked it.

Did you read the FAQs links above?

Bryan - OK, I figured out the green bar issue, that is an option within P3D I had unchecked for some reason (maybe by default??).  I reinstalled the latest FS2C version 1.5 to run another test.  All was fine initially as usual until I got to the Taxi Check.  At the 'Flaps and Slats' command I responded "11 degrees takeoff" (which did in fact show up on the green bar) and FO did not answer and I tried several times.  I finally said 'set and checked' and that did work to get him moving again,  When I announced 'Cabin Crew seats for takeoff'...although this showed in the green bar the FO did not perfom his tasks.  Lineup check worked OK and all worked until climbout.  FO would not respond or act on any of my normal commands (Gear up, Arm navigation, retract flaps etc).  He responded to 'Climb Check' but did not do a single item on the check.  Pretty much from there on out he did not do any of his duties although he would respond at times such as for the Descent Check and Approach check.  And again, all of my commands were showing up on the display bar,  The FO just did not do anything at all.

I went through FAQ's but did not see anything that applied to me.  Again...all seems to work on version 1.3 so I am confused why the FO is failing in 1.5.  Just wanted to give you some more details on what was happening.  I will go back to 1.3 again for now.  Thanks for any further help on this one!

Eric

Edited by Flic1

Eric

Hi Eric,

Only thing I can think of is you're not in the right "mode" as shown on the FS2Crew Main Panel.  

Are you keeping the FS2Crew Main Panel open so you can see what "mode" you're in?

If not, please do so and try again.

Maddog is currently getting set to release SP1.  We'll be releasing an update for that shortly.

And 

11 hours ago, byork said:

Hi Eric,

Only thing I can think of is you're not in the right "mode" as shown on the FS2Crew Main Panel.  

Are you keeping the FS2Crew Main Panel open so you can see what "mode" you're in?

If not, please do so and try again.

Maddog is currently getting set to release SP1.  We'll be releasing an update for that shortly.

And 

Hi - The mode was correct and I even tried scrolling through to get him to reset with no luck.  I will reinstall 1.3 for now since that seems to work.  I know this is a strange issue as I have FS2C for numerous aircraft and it has always worked flawlessly.  Will wait for the MD updates and try it again!  Thanks!

Eric

I’m having issues, very similar to this. Sometimes the FO does his flows, sometimes he doesn’t. Maybe related to the latest maddogx beta update?

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 5:46 AM, byork said:

Maddog is currently getting set to release SP1.  We'll be releasing an update for that shortly

Well, I was hoping all the new updates would fix this issue but unfortunately I am still having the same problem.  The FO just stops responding and performing tasks at various points.  With the new Maddog installed and latest FS2C update it happened at the 'Before Start check'.  The FO would not perform his Before Start tasks even though he verbally responded.  The correct mode was showing and I skipped to the next mode and then again he does not perform anything.    Sometimes he will give me verbal responses and sometimes not but it seems like when this problem starts he will never again do any FO tasks.  I may have to go back to 1.3 again and see if that works as it seemed to work much better than the latest versions.

Eric

I am having the exact same problem with latest MaddogX and FS2C.  No FO flows being conducted during PF but load sheet, boarding etc all work as well as responses from FO like Departure Brief.  Before start checklist Above the Line is never completed.  I’m a long time PMDG FS2C user so not a total beginner here..

i did have one session where FO did flows, but I have no idea what triggered it as my flows have been the same..

Edited by MikeWings

Mike Willey -  St Paul, Minnesota

vZBW VATSIM Controller

Jetline Systems WIN10 Pro Running P3DV5.1 and PMDG 737

4 hours ago, MikeWings said:

I am having the exact same problem with latest MaddogX and FS2C.  No FO flows being conducted during PF but load sheet, boarding etc all work as well as responses from FO like Departure Brief.  Before start checklist Above the Line is never completed.  I’m a long time PMDG FS2C user so not a total beginner here..

i did have one session where FO did flows, but I have no idea what triggered it as my flows have been the same..

One person said he had a flows problem when using Track IR.  Another uses Track IR with no problems.

Any clue there?