Sign in to follow this  
Guest Air1

OT: the "other "forum

Has anyone had trouble accessing the flightsim.com forums? I have not been able to get on for the last two days. thanksShermp.s. sorry, hope this does not violate any avsim forum rules...:-)

Guest Ken_Salter

No, no rule violation detected, and you can say flightsim.com without any problems.

i haven't had a problem accessing those forums,maybe it's an isp thing?tataJP.

Guest GCBarni

No problem accessing, but a reply to someone's message seems to take an inordinate length of time to finish uploading.

Guest fsjeffrey

I sometimes have to try eight or ten times to get connected. They're quite up front about those who pay and those who don't. Supposedly if you pay you have little or no trouble connecting. If you've been trying for a day or two, there's probably a problem at the site.

Guest fsjeffrey

Forgot to sign. SorryJeffrey

Guest drobson

Doesn't cost one thin dime to enter the forums, (or the main site, for that matter). There were some server problems originating with the host, but that has been corrected.Darrell

>Doesn't cost one thin dime to enter the forums, (or the main>site, for that matter). There were some server problems>originating with the host, but that has been corrected.>>Darrelldarrell,Well, I choose to give the Avsim member here the benefit of the doubt on this one.While access to the pay ware friendly forums is free and unrestricted.I feel that access to the Freeware files in that library ARE RESTRICTED and one MUST Pay to get UNRESTRICTED access to Freeware files that are hosted there. This comes in the form of a pay membership, unless one enjoys hitting the reload key dozens of times or re-entering their username and password multiple times when they are restricted from access to freeware files.Maybe that is what the Avsim member was referring to darrell. Seems pretty logical to me. Of course you could have mentioned that, or aksed the member here what he was referring to, but you chose not to. ;-)Maybe he was aware of the file library access fees, and thought it also cost to enter the forums. Seems like a logical assumption to me.Anyway, thanks for answering the original Avsim members question about the login problems.Sonar5aopa.gif" border="0" alt="Grab My FREEWARE Voice recognition Profiles here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=58334]Cessna 172 Voice Profile[/a][a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=60740]FSD Avanti Voice Profile[/a].You will need the main FREEWARE Flight Assistant program to use it, get it here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=genutils&DLID=39661]Flight Assistant 2.2[/a]

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

For the Flightsim com. forums & main page, I usually get there instantly, as fast as this board. And I admit............. I havn't paid a dime either. Maybe I should, both here & there...

Guest av84fun

<>That is not correct. Free registration provides full access to their file library. Members may get faster, more consistent access to the site in general but so long as you register for free, you are not "restricted" from the site or the file library.Jim

"you are not "restricted" from the site or the file library."Just to clarify, there is a time limit restriction, and since many in rural areas may still be on dial-up, that is certainly being "restricted". It also puts some freeware authors in the odd position of being unable to even download their own work. Some of my work has made its way to flightsim.com on its own, although I consider theirs a site that would respect my wishes if I asked that a project be removed. I never have. I've uploaded some of my work there on my own initiative, even considering the site's structure.It was the first site I ever found on the web, when one day I typed "www.flightsim.com" just to see what would happen. I migrated to this site mainly because I found most of my fellow hobbyists were in both sites, and it's hard enough to keep track of the threads here, never mind those at flightsim. And perhaps I was lazy--fewer letters to type with www.avsim.com :)-John Edit--and to note, I got into the forums easily this evening. Users can access them directly--and freely, by typing "forums.flightsim.com"

Guest Kingair315

Ive been a member on Flightsim.com for several years, and feel it is a bargain. You can get on instantly when you log in, have never had to wait at any time. Menus load faster and downloading is faster than it was before becomeing a member.They also have more available online than anywhere else Ive seen.Everything you find elsewhere, is available here, usually before it is found elsewhere. I believe they give those who create addon's free membership, and so they make it available there many times first.

well, I did not mean to fire up a debate....anyway, I got back on at home yesterday and at work today. My suspicion is that there was some cookie block on the corporate system that kept me from getting into the forum....and fwiw, as a typical simmer, I appreciate the value of both avsim and flightsim, as well as the many other valued web sites that satisfy the itch our hobby creates...Sherm

Hi John,"Just to clarify, there is a time limit restriction, and since many in rural areas may still be on dial-up, that is certainly being "restricted". It also puts some freeware authors in the odd position of being unable to even download their own work."As far as I know the 2-hour or so time restriction is for new library searches. Once you have started a download you can complete it without getting timed out. At least it never happened to me and I don't have a membership either.Cheers, Holger

Guest Air1

I don't even bother with that other site any more, not worth the bother realy. Lots of other more friendly places to go.Steve A