Sign in to follow this  
edpatino

Frequent api.dll crashes upon exiting P3Dv4.3

Got unnoticed to me before, but by using the Windows App Crash Viewer I noticed today that in the last 6 weeks I have almost always an APPCRASH of P3Dv4.3 upon exit, due to an "api.dll" module fault.

Looking into the AVSIM CTD guide it looks strange to me that one possible cause is that I was too close to an OOM (being this thing 64bits). I do not have modified the Prepar3D.CFG file to use any Affinity Mask and BufferPools tweaks. Have rebuild the scenery indexes and facilities, but still get the crash on exit.

My specs are below on the signature. I'm running P3Dv4.3 together with:

- FFTF Dynamic (FSPS)

- ASP4 (HiFi)

- ChasePlane

- FSUIPC v5.14 registered

- Nvidia driver 399.24

- UTLive

Any suggestion is very much appreciated.

Cheers, Ed

PD: The crashes on exiting are not "announced". P3D closes apparently in a normal way. It was me that looked into the App Crash Viewer and noticed all the events.

Edited by edpatino

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

4 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Got unnoticed to me before, but by using the Windows App Crash Viewer I noticed today that in the last 6 weeks I have almost always an APPCRASH of P3Dv4.3 upon exit, due to an "api.dll" module fault.

Looking into the AVSIM CTD guide it looks strange to me that one possible cause is that I was too close to an OOM (being this thing 64bits). I do not have modified the Prepar3D.CFG file to use any Affinity Mask and BufferPools tweaks. Have rebuild the scenery indexes and facilities, but still get the crash on exit.

My specs are below on the signature. I'm running P3Dv4.3 together with:

- FFTF Dynamic (FSPS)

- ASP4 (HiFi)

- ChasePlane

- FSUIPC v5.14 registered

- Nvidia driver 399.24

- UTLive

Any suggestion is very much appreciated.

Cheers, Ed

PD: The crashes on exiting are not "announced". P3D closes apparently in a normal way. It was me that looked into the App Crash Viewer and noticed all the events.

This is caused by one of your add-on's which is not closing correctly.

Which version of UTL you have? I know the latest version fixed problems related to this.

You can narrow down which one is it by disabling then one by one until the error stops, the best course of action when you identify it is to try to update the culprit Add-on to the latest version.

Regards,

Simbol 

1 hour ago, simbol said:

Which version of UTL you have? I know the latest version fixed problems related to this.

I have v1.1.0.0, seems to me is the latest.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

have an fsdt airport? if so, disable the RTT function on the addon mgr config page ....lower right corner (win7 users only)..

Edited by FunknNasty

24 minutes ago, FunknNasty said:

have an fsdt airport? if so, disable the RTT function on the addon mgr config page ....lower right corner (win7 users only)..

That looks interesting, as coincidentally I installed my first FSDT addon more or less 6 weeks ago (GSX/GSX2) and several FSDT airports. I'm testing now.

What's the concept behind that RTT switch/function?

Thanks for helping, Ed

Cheers, Ed

18 minutes ago, edpatino said:

That looks interesting, as coincidentally I installed my first FSDT addon more or less 6 weeks ago (GSX/GSX2) and several FSDT airports. I'm testing now.

What's the concept behind that RTT switch/function?

Thanks for helping, Ed

Forget it, saw the posts at the FSDT forums and definitely the api.dll error is due to the call to the PDK. That's the cause of the api error in W7, for sure.

In order to have all the PDK features available and a complete functionality of GSX2, I'll not pay attention to the api error on closing P3D. The important is to know which was the cause of the problem and definitely it was that one.

Thanks so much for your help. It really saved me a lot of time!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

I had the api crash on exit but one of the gsx updates fixed it about last month. Did you run the fsdt auto update? Also get the latest fsuipc from their forum 5.141e I believe is the latest

Edited by Boeing or not going

In Windows 7 apparently it was no fix. Are you running W10?.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

Ed,

Do you have FSLA320 installed? If you do, then disable it in the add-one menu when you don't fly it. The problem will go away

Just now, G-YMML1 said:

Ed,

Do you have FSLA320 installed? If you do, then disable it in the add-one menu when you don't fly it. The problem will go away

Hi, thanks for the tip, but (fortunately or not) I don't have the FSLA320.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

6 hours ago, Boeing or not going said:

Also get the latest fsuipc from their forum 5.141e I believe is the latest

Thanks for the tip, I'll try it.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

I have this problem too, EACH time I close P3Dv4.3 (and previous versions since 4.1) with Windows 10, I always get a crash listed in the "view all problems reports" and it's always the same: "FSUIPC unloaded". According to Pete, this is linked to one of my add-ons using and unloading FSUIPC during the P3D shutdown, and I would have to find out which add-on does that. Since this does not interfere in any way with the correct functioning of my sim (and I would have tons of Add-ons to check), I did not go any further in the investigation. That serves as a reminder of how many sim sessions I had whenever I take the fancy to check...

Among my add-ons are all FSDT sceneries / GSX 2 (up to date), FSLabs A320, UTLive, all mentioned above, and I am now running the latest full licensed version of FSUIPC 5.14. But Ed does not have Windows 10 if I understand correctly, neither does he have FSLabs A320, the only common add-on mentioned so far would be UTLive. That still does not explain this phenomenon.

Edited by Jean-Claude

1 hour ago, Jean-Claude said:

But Ed does not have Windows 10 if I understand correctly, neither does he have FSLabs A320, the only common add-on mentioned so far would be UTLive. That still does not explain this phenomenon.

In my case, running W7, the api.dll crash was due to the presence of FSDT software that calls to the PDK, and not an error caused by FSUIPC itself. I discovered yesterday, thanks to the help from @Boeing or not going., that this issue has been discussed for a while at the FSDT forums, and Umberto (head of FSDT) recognized the issue was caused by an incompatibility of their software with the W7 OS. Since this is not bothering me that much (anyhow I recognize it's not nice), I decided not to pay attention to this api error and preserve all the features of the FSDT software (new jetways numbers in GSX2, and some other new features of the upcoming KORD v2 scenery), and finally, as you correctly mention, the important thing is that the sim closes Ok and is not causing really any major trouble.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18181.0.html

I'm personally not a fan of FSUIPC, even if I consider it a wonderful piece of software, as it has caused me several troubles in the recent past, and for that reason I only install the latest FSUIPC version published at Schiratti.com, instead of using the newer releases published at the Pete Dowson forums, that seems to me are always beta versions.

I don't believe UTLive has anything to do with the issue. Probably the FS Labs A320 does, but I don't have it, so cannot say anything about.

Thanks for your valuable comments.

Cheers, Ed

Edited by edpatino

Cheers, Ed