Sign in to follow this  
paulyg123

Check list and efb question

I notice if you forget a step in the check list sequence, you can,t move toward. For instance, I forgot to do the after takeoff checklist which includes GEAR UP.  If you forgot that step and are on approach, you can, complete the approach or landing checklist as the after takeoff list is stuck and you can’t clear it because it is waiting for gear up.   But gear is already up and now you want to lower it.   The skip step function doesn’t work.  Am I missing something.

on the efb how come the “send data to FMC” is always blue and can’t be hit.   On the 787 efb I notice you can send the efb data to FMC and then the FMC asks you to accept it.  I fill out the performance pages on the efb and get the calculations for the v speeds done, but can’t get it sent to the fmc

Paul Gugliotta

You can override this item but you can't click directly into the OVR field. You can use the radio dial beside the screen instead. 

Andreas

Edited by athiele

As Andreas said: override. Item for single items and oberride checklist for the checklist. Works fine actually. 

The 747 has a lot of technology of the 787 but it isn‘t a 787. I can‘t check the options and system of the 747 efb right now but the available 787 has some gimmicks in the efb that aren‘t available in the real airplane but made to make life easier for the sim. But I‘m pretty sure in the 747 you need to fill in your FMC by hand.

use your mouse wheel or go into the setting and change the ecl to the same system as the 777.

CanI ask a follow up question regarding checklist.   I just landed in KBOS and want to do a quick turn around.  Checklist is stuck on Shut down, but I don't want to shut down.  I want to er-set checklist to preflight page.  HOw is that done.  Athilele said something about the "radial dial besides the screen"  What is that?  I am not following.

Paul Gugliotta

The checklist is controlled using your mouse wheel when it is on #reen and will only click when your mouse pointer is directly above the item. This simulates the knob to the left and right of the throttle quadrant and I saw locate below the fmc. You can just scroll your mouse wheel to the part where it can skip the checklist.

1 hour ago, paulyg123 said:

I want to er-set checklist to preflight page.

Resets are a menu item on the menu bar.  Best place to look for information on EFB buttonology is the EFB User Manual.  You will find that at \PMDG\EFB\EFB Documents Library.. probably there is a way to open it from within the simulator on the EFB.

Dan Downs KCRP