Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

FSDG Cape Town Released

Good news! My home base!

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

10 hours ago, ErichB said:

I don't think I've heard of this company. fsdg? Any reviews?

Edited by Peter Webber

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

They are reputable . Produce good sceneries. A darn sight better than NMG 

Just flew in from Heathrow, two thumbs up on the scenery. Good on frames, beautiful, not much more you can ask for.

n40UULK.jpga0XrCqN.jpgJJnRtMV.jpg0747Gyn.jpg

• Like 2

7800X3D - RTX 2080 FE - 64GB DDR5 - Dan C4-SFX

11 minutes ago, Steven Agre said:

Just flew in from Heathrow, two thumbs up on the scenery. Good on frames, beautiful, not much more you can ask for.

n40UULK.jpga0XrCqN.jpgJJnRtMV.jpg0747Gyn.jpg

Fantastic...downloading now!

Peter Webber

27 minutes ago, ErichB said:

They are reputable . Produce good sceneries. A darn sight better than NMG 

Thanks. I have all NMG products..will definitely replace FACT. NMG has served me very well though....

• Like 1

Peter Webber

22 minutes ago, Peter Webber said:

NMG has served me very well though....

Me too.  Over many years. But Nico's techniques in design haven't moved on.

For those interested, you can download the Aeroworx mesh scenery here at Avsim, as well as Aeroworx South African landclass and local vector data which makes Cape Town much more realistic.  From  Steve's pics I can see Table Mountain looks nothing like Table Mountain due to the mesh.  But the airport scenery looks superb.  I'm about to download it myself now.

17 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Me too.  Over many years. But Nico's techniques in design haven't moved on.

For those interested, you can download the Aeroworx mesh scenery here at Avsim, as well as Aeroworx South African landclass and local vector data which makes Cape Town much more realistic.  From  Steve's pics I can see Table Mountain looks nothing like Table Mountain due to the mesh.  But the airport scenery looks superb.  I'm about to download it myself now.

Already have Pilots FS Global Ultimate NG mesh installed. Just waiting for LC from ORBX! Downloaded Cape Town FSDG. Don't have time to install now. Let me know what you think.

Peter Webber

20 minutes ago, Peter Webber said:

Already have Pilots FS Global Ultimate NG mesh installed. Just waiting for LC from ORBX! Downloaded Cape Town FSDG. Don't have time to install now. Let me know what you think.

I know the airport quite well as I'm from CPT originally and used to work at the airport (at Air Cape) back in 1988-92 during uni vacations.  I travel between London and  CPT twice a year.  The hangars have been really well done and look exactly as represented for the most part.  I like the ground textures.  Have they cleared away the trees to the east of the airport perimeter?  The scenery is just an open space there.  The night scenery textures on the main terminal buildings are a bit iffy, but it's plausible.  Some of the details in the car rental area are off, but your mind fills in the blanks.  Overall, I really like it compared to what was available.  It's not Flytampa, but it's very good overall.  I'm pleased.  Performance is also good.

For anyone wanting a more realistic representation of Cape Town, download the Aeroworx scenery or PM me if interested in the files you need.

48 minutes ago, ErichB said:

I know the airport quite well as I'm from CPT originally and used to work at the airport (at Air Cape) back in 1988-92 during uni vacations.  I travel between London and  CPT twice a year.  The hangars have been really well done and look exactly as represented for the most part.  I like the ground textures.  Have they cleared away the trees to the east of the airport perimeter?  The scenery is just an open space there.  The night scenery textures on the main terminal buildings are a bit iffy, but it's plausible.  Some of the details in the car rental area are off, but your mind fills in the blanks.  Overall, I really like it compared to what was available.  It's not Flytampa, but it's very good overall.  I'm pleased.  Performance is also good.

For anyone wanting a more realistic representation of Cape Town, download the Aeroworx scenery or PM me if interested in the files you need.

The eastern perimeter side is low bush. Will let you know my thoughts when I'm back at my main flight sim rig and able to install, probably Friday.

Peter Webber

To be fair I don't think Table Mountain was in any of my screenshots! 😄

I have Orbx Vector and Global, but a landclass upgrade would really complete the picture I think.

eezn2lzphrt11.png

14 minutes ago, Steven Agre said:

To be fair I don't think Table Mountain was in any of my screenshots!

Your right wing on landing. 🙂 

1 minute ago, ErichB said:

Your right wing on landing. 🙂 

Ahh of course!