P3dv4 Texture Rendering Issue - Strange Phenomenon

My pc specs as under :

i7-6700k overclocked to 4.5 Ghz
KF2/Galax 1080Ti
800W Corsair PSU
16Gigs DDR4 @ 3200
Win 10 Pro on SSD
P3d v4.3 on another SSD

Single Seat Trainer with 43" single monitor @ 4K displaying P3D visuals (Virtual Cockpit view). Visual do not have any cockpit

Settings :
FXAA - OFF
TF - 16x
Texture Resolution - Tried both 1024 and 2048
AA - 4xSSAA
Vsync - ON
TB - ON
Target Frame Rate - 31 (Monitor refresh rate set to 30)
LOD Radius - Max
Tesselation  High
Mesh Resolution - 5m
Terrain Resolution - 7cm
High Resolution Terrain Textures - ON
Scenery Complexity - Dense
All Autogens - Normal
Dynamic 3D Autogen Vegetation - OFF
Water Detail - High
Dynamic Lighting - OFF
Shadows - OFF

No tweaks in P3D.cfg

Rex Skyforce 3D - Not Installed
Activesky for P3d4 - Not installed

Started out with a clean install of Win 10 Pro and P3d v4.3.  
Installed FTXGlobal Base Pack and checked visuals from stock LOWS - All ok
Installed FTXGlobal OpenLC Europe and checked visuals from stock LOWS - All ok
Installed FTXGlobal Germany South and checked visuals from stock LOWS - All ok
Installed FTXGlobal Digital Design Salzburg and checked visuals - Mountains blurred

Uninstalled FTXGlobal Digital Design Salzburg and checked visuals - Back to as it was before installing Salzburg

On the other hand
Installed FTXInnsbruck and checked visuals - Mountains blurred
Uninstalled FTXInnsbruck and checked visuals - Back to as it was before installing Salzburg

After every install, the flight experience is absolutely smooth.

Conclusion - There is something that does not allow rendering of the texture of Salzburg or Innsbruck.  I am guessing that this Will be the same for all the other sceneries that I would install. However, it is strange that this is not the case with FTXGlobal Base Pack, FTX Open LC Europe & Germany South as the rendering is perfect and I could make out the difference between one layer and the next.  

I tried a clcean install of the drivers for the GPU (latest version installed : 416.34) using DDU.  Tried a clean install with older drivers that came with the GPU but no improvement.

One thing maybe worth noticing is that the CPU usage is around 40-60% whereas the GPU does not move beyond 30% at any point of time (monitored using MSI Afterburner).

All suggestions are welcome

Regards

Ted

PMDG_737ngx_proud_own1_378x68.jpg ftx_supporter_avsim.gif

These are Orbx sceneries, so it might be better to post in the Orbx forums; there are people with a lot of knowledge about Orbx products over there.

But just as an initial thought, have you set your Orbx scenery insertion points in FTX Central? Your OpenLC entries should be below your FTX entries in your scenery library.

- Bob

After installing the ORBX sceneries, start FTX Central and wait until it rebuilds the scenery library. Then it should be OK.
Try also - instead of uninstalling sceneries Innsbruck and Salzburg - just turn it off for a moment in the Scenery Library in P3D. They probably consist of several entries, so turn them off one by one and check which causes an error.

18 hours ago, BBCM said:

These are Orbx sceneries, so it might be better to post in the Orbx forums; there are people with a lot of knowledge about Orbx products over there.

But just as an initial thought, have you set your Orbx scenery insertion points in FTX Central? Your OpenLC entries should be below your FTX entries in your scenery library.

- Bob

Thanks Bob

The scenery library is in perfect order.

I have posted this issue on the Orbx forum.  All I got from them as of now is that the FTXOpen LC & FTXEULC are landclass sceneries whereas FTXLOWI is photoscenery.  Further that I need high filtering and antaliasing settings to see the best of photo scenery.

But I am using high filtering and antialiasing settings.  No further suggestions than that.

Regards

Ted

12 hours ago, 737NGfun said:

After installing the ORBX sceneries, start FTX Central and wait until it rebuilds the scenery library. Then it should be OK.
Try also - instead of uninstalling sceneries Innsbruck and Salzburg - just turn it off for a moment in the Scenery Library in P3D. They probably consist of several entries, so turn them off one by one and check which causes an error.

Hi

Thanks

Tried all that but to no avail

Regards

Ted

If all other scenery and mountains look detailed and sharp, just those two airports where the photoreal looks blurry, then maybe there's something to that.

Looking at your settings above, a couple of things stand out for me:

On 10/22/2018 at 2:11 AM, Teddy said:

43" single monitor @ 4K

On 10/22/2018 at 2:11 AM, Teddy said:

Vsync - ON
TB - ON
Target Frame Rate - 31 (Monitor refresh rate set to 30)

The first is that, from what I've read, if Vsync is on (with or without TB), your Frame Rate should be set to unlimited. If you are locking your frame rates, Vsync should be off. Second, I wonder about using that 30 refresh rate. While lots of people claim to get great results from using it, I wonder if that refresh rate might be too low for your 4k monitor to properly render the photoreal scenery.

Sorry, I don't know if there's anything there that may help, it's just some thoughts. 

- Bob