Sign in to follow this  
astroavion

Scenery cfg Missing

I delete my scenery.cfg file and it tells me it's now missing and to re-install FSX. Steam edition. I cannot count the number of problems I have had with flight sims over the last 20 years. WOAI installer is the devil. The scenery.cfg file is a nightmare. I have spent way more time trying to fix this thing than I ever have flying it. I dont know if its a computer problem, a program problem or a user problem due to my ignorance in computer programming. I am very near giving up the hobby forever and taking up basket weaving or some equally boring thing. Ive tried P3D (daylight sky/white clouds at night, major problems with addons as LM likes to change everything every year), XP11 (no seasons, parked aircraft floating above the ground, no PMDG).  So Im left with this ancient FSX 32-bit piece of no-working junk. Oh well, maybe in another 20 years, someone will have this thing figured out once and for all, however I'll be in a retirement home by then.

End rant.

Edited by Jim Young
Split from a 4 year old topic (Necropost)

1 hour ago, astroavion said:

I delete my scenery.cfg file and it tells me it's now missing and to re-install FSX. Steam edition.

Something is seriously wrong as the scenery cfg is rebuilt at startup with the default.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10