Sign in to follow this  
petic537

Flaps positions shown on ND?

Can be flaps positions and speed shown on ND in 747-8?

I have seen video on YouTube where ND shows flap positions in real 747-8. Can PMDG 747-8 do the same? There is a green circle and text F10 150, like flaps 10 and speed 150 knots on ND.

https://imgur.com/a/5Ib8xyn

Petr Stepanek

This is being looked at by pmdg and will most likely be in a next update. But you have more luck by going through support at pmdg.

These are flap extension and deceleration points.  And it's kinda sad they didn't bother to replicate it in their model given its one of the biggest differences in the NGFMC from the legacy on the -400.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

22 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

These are flap extension and deceleration points.  And it's kinda sad they didn't bother to replicate it in their model given its one of the biggest differences in the NGFMC from the legacy on the -400.

As much as I understood it‘s extremly difficult to code that feature correctly. It takes a lot of time, so they are looking into it after the release if or how it can be implemented. 

23 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

As much as I understood it‘s extremly difficult to code that feature correctly. It takes a lot of time, so they are looking into it after the release if or how it can be implemented. 

If you can point to a thread where they address this I'll read it.  I have not seen anything.  I understand probably more than most how complex it is to program this feature, but it certainly is not impossible.  But when one advertises 

There is not much room for excuse.  As I said, this is one of the biggest differences from the legacy FMC.  You just can't leave it out and say you accurately provided ALL features of the system.  I certainly don't remember them talking about leaving it out in the pre-release notes.

FMC

The flight management computer (FMC) contains all of the real life 747-8 FMC features including LNAV, extremely accurate VNAV speed and altitude predictions

Edited by thibodba57
  • Upvote 1

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

14 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

If you can point to a thread where they address this I'll read it.  I have not seen anything.  I understand probably more than most how complex it is to program this feature, but it certainly is not impossible.  But when one advertises 

No I can‘t (won’t, as I’m at work in my lunch break 🙂 ) There have been several threads either about this topic or where this topic has been brought into. Two or three days ago I read about it the last time. Performance calculations via the EFB will also come in a later update as they also have been advertised. I fully agree with you that it‘s one of the main features of the 748 and I think PMDG does agree, too... So I‘m quite certain that it WILL be delivered as advertised. Simply needs a bit more time than expected. 

If you want it implemented then open a ticket at support.

41 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

There is not much room for excuse.  As I said, this is one of the biggest differences from the legacy FMC.  You just can't leave it out and say you accurately provided ALL features of the system.  I certainly don't remember them talking about leaving it out in the pre-release notes.