Sign in to follow this  
Thomasso

Thoughts on Viewsonic VX4380-4K monitor

Hi,

I'm about to buy a new monitor after A LOT of years, I have an old 21" Philips one.

I came across this one: 42.5" Viewsonic VX4380-4K

It's huge, 4K, IPS, 60 Hz and so on. And it costs like $600. Isn't the price strangely low?

Does anyone have this monitor? Is it worth it?

Thanks 🙂

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

I always check reviews for anything I’m interested in. This review noted the poor response time of 12ms.

But it go on to say that on slower paced games (flight sim?) it is captivating. Too big for me. I’m looking at the BenQ 32” UHD monitor.

https://www.144hzmonitors.com/reviews/viewsonic-vx4380-4k-review/

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I always check reviews for anything I’m interested in. This review noted the poor response time of 12ms.

But it go on to say that on slower paced games (flight sim?) it is captivating. Too big for me. I’m looking at the BenQ 32” UHD monitor.

https://www.144hzmonitors.com/reviews/viewsonic-vx4380-4k-review/

Yes, I do the same, I checked few of them already. Most of them state that the monitor is not meant for serious quick pace gaming, but it should be perfect for the flight sim 🙂...

The size is a question indeed. Simming would be awesome I imagine, but I can't imagine actually working on it. 🙂 

The BenQ one is way too expensive for me.

Tomáš Pokorný

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

9 minutes ago, Thomasso said:

Yes, I do the same, I checked few of them already. Most of them state that the monitor is not meant for serious quick pace gaming, but it should be perfect for the flight sim 🙂...

The size is a question indeed. Simming would be awesome I imagine, but I can't imagine actually working on it. 🙂 

The BenQ one is way too expensive for me.

I tend to think of monitors as long-term investments. They can last several computer upgrades. Given you still need to perform basic Windows tasks on any display it also needs to be suitable for that work.

Given a quality monitor is around half the cost of the 2080Ti ask yourself which is the better long-term investment.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I tend to think of monitors as long-term investments. They can last several computer upgrades. Given you still need to perform basic Windows tasks on any display it also needs to be suitable for that work.

Given a quality monitor is around half the cost of the 2080Ti ask yourself which is the better long-term investment.

I know what you're saying, but to be honest, 2080 Ti is just ridiculously overpriced IMHO. So I wouldn't consider that a good example 🙂

Of course it needs to be suitable, I was wondering if I could get used to it, that's all 🙂 ...

Couldn't agree more on the long-term part 😉

Tomáš Pokorný

Well your 1080Ti wasn't cheap but we all have different priorities. I did consider a 40" Samsung UHD TV but space is very tight and to be honest on the aircraft gauges and display I saw on a recent visit to a friend didn't overly impress me.

But then I saw P3D on a 28" Samsung UHD monitor and that looked a lot more impressive. TVs are built to a price and I think they're lower quality than a good monitor.

I plugged my computer into my 55" OLED TV today and grabbed some screenshots of FSL Concorde, Xtreme Solutions Learjet 25 and the Carenado PC-12. They did look extremely good but that's a seriously expensive TV. The BenQ I'm considering is rated very highly.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

31 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Well your 1080Ti wasn't cheap but we all have different priorities. I did consider a 40" Samsung UHD TV but space is very tight and to be honest on the aircraft gauges and display I saw on a recent visit to a friend didn't overly impress me.

But then I saw P3D on a 28" Samsung UHD monitor and that looked a lot more impressive. TVs are built to a price and I think they're lower quality than a good monitor.

I plugged my computer into my 55" OLED TV today and grabbed some screenshots of FSL Concorde, Xtreme Solutions Learjet 25 and the Carenado PC-12. They did look extremely good but that's a seriously expensive TV. The BenQ I'm considering is rated very highly.

Yes, it wasn't cheap, but the GPU is very, very important to me, as I play other games too.

I think that I will end up buying some budget 32" UHD like LG 32UD59 or AOC U3277FWQ. I can get those for $450, tax included, where I live 🙂

Tomáš Pokorný

Good luck Tomas. Hope you get something you're happy with.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Good luck Tomas. Hope you get something you're happy with.

Thanks Ray, same to you 😉

• Like 1

Tomáš Pokorný