Sign in to follow this  
oldngray

Manfred Jahn DC3

Looking For Eastern Airlines Repaints to v3,  Beta.  Also wondering if the default DC3 or MAAM repaints will work on Manfreds v3.

Windows 10 64, ASUS Z590 MB, i5-11600K 4.9 ghz, Samsung 870 1TB, 860 500gb,hynix Gold 1TB SSD's, Corsair LPX 32gb (2x16) DDR4 Memory, EVGA GTX 1070ti, Viewsonic 32" 

C-47??  Default DC-3 or MAAM repaints will probably not work.

c-47.eastern_airways.zip in the AVSIM Library for Manfred's C-47

C-47.JPG

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

A fine repaint if I may say so. :happy:

Just Click Here

How long does it take for 'smug' to wear off after buying an EV?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

9 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

A fine repaint if I may say so. :happy:

Just Click Here

Nah!  Looks like it was done by someone wearing a hat!:happy:  Oh, I just checked....I'm wearing a hat, too!  I just posted a pic in my first post.  great paint, Ron:biggrin:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Not what I am looking for.  Eastern Airlines, started by Eddie Rickenbacker, WWI Spad Ace. Operated out of Miami, Fl.

Windows 10 64, ASUS Z590 MB, i5-11600K 4.9 ghz, Samsung 870 1TB, 860 500gb,hynix Gold 1TB SSD's, Corsair LPX 32gb (2x16) DDR4 Memory, EVGA GTX 1070ti, Viewsonic 32" 

30 minutes ago, oldngray said:

Not what I am looking for.  Eastern Airlines, started by Eddie Rickenbacker, WWI Spad Ace. Operated out of Miami, Fl.

This one??  You will have to Google search texture_eastern(dot)zip.

eastern.JPG

Charlie Aron

I met Eddie many years ago at a book signing in NYC. I fine gentleman he was, and willing to spend a few minutes talking flying with anyone buying his book. I have that autographed book and will hand it on to my son [also a pilot] someday. 

Thats the one, thanks so much Charlie.

Cannot find it.  Have searched Google, all sim related .  If you find it would appreciate knowing.

10 hours ago, spokes2112 said:

Right here in the library -- shhh..
7f33e4ccf067e922cec0f93b0488fca9.jpg
It's for V2 but the paints work nicely in V3
https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxacrp&DLID=182940
texture.eastern_319252.zip

Thanks!  I looked for it in the Library but only came up with the Eastern Airways.  Found it outside but don't like to link to outside sources.  The latest download for the C-47 has a V2 model in it.

Interesting, I just did the Google search and it was the 5th item on the page.

• Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

3 minutes ago, spokes2112 said:

The key to finding it here was right in your aircraft select screenshot..
"Repaint by Richard Wisman" :cool:

Yeah, I usually forget about searching by author.  That's what happens when there ain't no hair on top to keep the brain warm!:happy:👴

• Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

18 hours ago, spokes2112 said:

It's for V2 but the paints work nicely in V3

This repaint works beautifully in V3, as you say!

I am curious however as I have tried to use some other V2 repaints in V3 and they just won't work - does anyone know why this Eastern repaint works and others don't? Or what might need to be done to V2 repaints to get them to work in V3?

Bill

14 hours ago, scianoir said:

I am curious however as I have tried to use some other V2 repaints in V3 and they just won't work - does anyone know why this Eastern repaint works and others don't? Or what might need to be done to V2 repaints to get them to work in V3?

Ran across the same thing, some work some don't. Haven't really gone into it too far but would hazard to guess it is in the alpha of the textures or something because the mapping of textures are about 99% the same. MJ had mentioned the very slight differences between V2 & 3 but just don't remember. 

• Upvote 1

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap