Sign in to follow this  
oldngray

Manfred Jahn DC3

7 minutes ago, spokes2112 said:

Ran across the same thing, some work some don't. Haven't really gone into it too far but would hazard to guess it is in the alpha of the textures or something because the mapping of textures are about 99% the same. MJ had mentioned the very slight differences between V2 & 3 but just don't remember. 

Thank you. I think you're probably right about it being something to do with the alpha channels but I don't know enough about those to start fiddling with them! In the readme that comes with the V3.12 Beta download they point out that further information about using V2 repaints in the V3 can be found in the C-47 V3 release thread at the Sim-Outhouse FSX forum but, despite searching through this for over an hour, I haven't been able to find it!

Still, I have managed to successfully transfer a few repaints over simply by modifying the texture.cfg file as well as the usual modifications to the aircraft.cfg file and I have more than enough C-47/DC-3 liveries to keep me buy for many hours of flying so I will have to be content with these!

Bill

• Upvote 1