Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

2080ti X-Plane Orbx/True Earth England Max Settings

Gaze upon my poor computer groaning under the strain of X-plane over super-dense scenery at max settings (Plays Volga Boatman in the background)

Essentially it's a torture test, and FPS will always be restricted in XP from the CPU side in a situation like this: Specifically, by max buildings/objects and the water settings. Fortunately this simply establishes a base, and from there you and your computer can negotiate a reasonable understanding by playing with settings to find a happy medium.

Bring on Vulkan?

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

25 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Not bad with those settings, is it sub 20's in the VC?

Nah, its lowest is about 27FPS. (Though I admit I forgot to try with full clouds from the inside)

You can gain a probably shameful amount of frames back just from turning down the water: but what really can save it all is dropping the objects down a notch. As in P3D, that's what really chokes the CPU.

Another thing to remember is that the vast majority of scenery is nowhere near this dense.

The takeaway from that is that max settings is completely doable in the majority of cases.

If you look at the system monitor readings you can see is that it's not really the system holding things back. I think its XP itself.

Again let's hope that Vulkan helps.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5