Sign in to follow this  
Saucey12

Need help with aircraft.cfg

I am hoping someone cane help me with this issue I have been having.  I have had this freeware add-on aircraft for quite sometime now, no glitches except for one.  I have played around with it but no luck in fixing it so far.  I will explain what it is.(keep in mind my atc is default original fsx atc)  . When i land at an airport and contact ground frequency it asks if i wish to taxi to the gate, ramp or fuel.  I designate to the ramp parking.  the ground atc tells me to taxi to GA parking via taxiways blah blah blah. and then when i confirm, it automatically says " taxi to fuel", it only will let this aircraft taxi to a fuel box.    I do not know how to fix this.  I have tried changing to aircraft.cfg files to where it says the same thing as the other aircraft regarding atc callouts and i still have the same issue.  Can anyone give me a helping hand or advice?  Thank you! 

17 minutes ago, Saucey12 said:

I am hoping someone cane help me with this issue I have been having.  I have had this freeware add-on aircraft for quite sometime now, no glitches except for one.  I have played around with it but no luck in fixing it so far.  I will explain what it is.(keep in mind my atc is default original fsx atc)  . When i land at an airport and contact ground frequency it asks if i wish to taxi to the gate, ramp or fuel.  I designate to the ramp parking.  the ground atc tells me to taxi to GA parking via taxiways blah blah blah. and then when i confirm, it automatically says " taxi to fuel", it only will let this aircraft taxi to a fuel box.    I do not know how to fix this.  I have tried changing to aircraft.cfg files to where it says the same thing as the other aircraft regarding atc callouts and i still have the same issue.  Can anyone give me a helping hand or advice?  Thank you! 

What aircraft is it and does it happen at all airports (default or addon)?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

It is this aircraft:  FSX/FSX-SE/P3D DOUGLAS C-47R SKYTRAIN V3.14 BETA. its a really good freeware.  and yes it happens at all airports all the time. 

Have you tried manual_pump=0?

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

All airports?  Are we talking major international airports like KLAX, KJFK, or smaller ones like military air bases?  What livery are you flying?  Most of the default small airports have almost no parking available except for fuel box.

One of my favorite C-47 liveries is Buffalo Airways.  This is the [fltsim.XX] for it.  I have added some things to it marked with the arrows.

[fltsim.4]
title=Douglas C-47  Buffalo C-GJKM
sim=Douglas_DC3_v1.5
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=C-GJKM
kb_checklists=douglas_c47_check
kb_reference=douglas_c47_ref
atc_id=C-GJKM
atc_airline=Buffalo Airways <--------
atc_flight_number=<---------
atc_heavy=0<----------
atc_parking_types=RAMP<---------
atc_parking_codes=BFL<---------
ui_manufacturer="Douglas"
ui_type="C-47R Skytrain"
ui_variation="V3.14 Buffalo C-GJKM"
ui_typerole="Twin Engine Prop"
ui_createdby=Manfred Jahn
description=Repaint by George "Alky®" Fisher

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

8 hours ago, SteveW said:

Have you tried manual_pump=0?

Ni sir i have not. I will try that 

4 hours ago, charliearon said:

All airports?  Are we talking major international airports like KLAX, KJFK, or smaller ones like military air bases?  What livery are you flying?  Most of the default small airports have almost no parking available except for fuel box.

One of my favorite C-47 liveries is Buffalo Airways.  This is the [fltsim.XX] for it.  I have added some things to it marked with the arrows.

[fltsim.4]
title=Douglas C-47  Buffalo C-GJKM
sim=Douglas_DC3_v1.5
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=C-GJKM
kb_checklists=douglas_c47_check
kb_reference=douglas_c47_ref
atc_id=C-GJKM
atc_airline=Buffalo Airways <--------
atc_flight_number=<---------
atc_heavy=0<----------
atc_parking_types=RAMP<---------
atc_parking_codes=BFL<---------
ui_manufacturer="Douglas"
ui_type="C-47R Skytrain"
ui_variation="V3.14 Buffalo C-GJKM"
ui_typerole="Twin Engine Prop"
ui_createdby=Manfred Jahn
description=Repaint by George "Alky®" Fisher

Yep. It does it all all airports large and small. Ive been all over the country in that aircraft. The livery on this one is the military c47 EATS European airlift livery throwback from ww2. Ill try to use some of your cfg formats there and see if anything changes. 

Worth a try but a lot of airports have no parking for military aircraft.  I'll try my Buffalo livery into a regional airport and see what kind of GA parking I get.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

My only military aircraft, a C17 Globemaster, has this entry for each livery:

atc_parking_types=MIL_COMBAT

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

Does ground frequency allow you to taxi to GA ramp parking? 

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

Also if you dont mind me asking.. Is your c-17 payware or free ? I have not run across it. 

Thanks! 

2 hours ago, Saucey12 said:

Does ground frequency allow you to taxi to GA ramp parking? 

Have not flown it in a while and when I did last it was into Dover AFB, so also not sure how FSX ATC handles military aircraft at military airports. If fact, I believe I have not flown it with ATC active at any time.   Will not be able to fly it until at least this weekend and you will likely be able to try the atc_parking_types= setting before then.

2 hours ago, Saucey12 said:

Also if you dont mind me asking.. Is your c-17 payware or free ? I have not run across it. 

Do not recall. Appears I got it in 2011, some 7 years ago.  Here are some clues from the readme.txt file in the main aircraft folder"

INSTALLATION GUIDE - C-17A Globemaster III for FSX - version 2.3 - by Virtavia

All rights reserved - Virtavia 2011
www.virtavia.com

OH! here is a link:
http://www.virtavia.com/gallery_C-17.html

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I just landed at KSAN in my Buffalo C-47.  I asked for GA parking and they said "Taxi to GA parking".  Of course the progressive taxi lead right to the fuel box parking space.  It's been a long time since I requested GA parking.  My best advice it to go park where you want to and ignore what Ground Control says.  Your other choice will be to ask for a gate and it might wind up being just a ramp parking spot.

Charlie Aron