Sign in to follow this  
Sekkha

No Chime sound on Data Link activation - 744

Hi all, shouldnt there be a chime sound when DATA LINK becomes active ? I never get one on the 744 (BCF). Is that only me ?

regards

I have the strange feeling that I am the only one still flying the "old" Queen, and especially the BCF...Is everybody on the -8 now?

Could that be ?   LOL

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sekkha said:

I have the strange feeling that I am the only one still flying the "old" Queen, and especially the BCF...Is everybody on the -8 now?

Could that be ?   LOL

Nope, sometimes I absolutely prefer the 744, all above due to FS2Crew.

I've never got a chime on either 747, though. I really can't say if there SHOULD be any but I had expected it too and was wondering a bit. 

I don't think the 747-400 chimes like you hear in the 777 or the 747-8. I noticed it too when I started flying it when it came out. I think it is just not a feature in the 747-400.

4 hours ago, Sekkha said:

Could that be ?   LOL

I haven't flown either since I haven't been home, so haven't had time to fly.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

15 hours ago, Sekkha said:

Could that be ?   LOL

Of course not the 400 is very well and alive 

richard Nunez 

On 10/23/2018 at 8:08 AM, Sekkha said:

Hi all, shouldnt there be a chime sound when DATA LINK becomes active ? I never get one on the 744 (BCF). Is that only me ?

regards

There is no sound to it only  the 777 and the 747 8

richard Nunez 

Edited by Richardnunez

8 hours ago, Richardnunez said:

There is no sound to it only  the 777 and the 747 8

richard Nunez 

you mean as per design, right ?   Maybe this should be stated in the introduction manual  then..

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Sekkha said:

you mean as per design, right ?   Maybe this should be stated in the introduction manual  then..

Yes maybe it should but to be honest I don’t think it’s that important 

It‘s actually a notification for when something happenes on its own like a wind update or a company message etc. When you log into ACARS you actually know that you are doing it so the chime would be just there but without any real importance. And the -400 doesn‘t do automatic wind updates, does it?

1 hour ago, Richardnunez said:

to be honest I don’t think it’s that important 

Of course not :)

But it would prevent people from thinking that something is not working as it should , which is what people (including me) dont like...

The whole thread wouldnt have been necessary then.. LOL

5 hours ago, Sekkha said:

The 744 doesn't have the ECL, or a tail cam, or the EFB, or the keypad-based radios, or many of the other items that the newer Boeings have. Listing all of the things the plane doesn't have would be a list much longer than the Intro already is, I would argue.

What other function in the 744 gives you a hi-low chime to give you the impression that it has the function available in this regard?

Kyle Rodgers

5 hours ago, Sekkha said:

I agree with the other responses.  You're thinking the manual should emphasize that functions not incorporated in the real aircraft are also not included in the model...?

David Rosenblum

Atlas Air Boeing 767 Captain; previously a Boeing 747-400/-8 First Officer

Jetline Gravity GTX | Aorus Z370 Gaming 7 motherboard | i7 8700K overclocked to 5 GHz | 32GB 3 GHz Corsair DDR4 SDRAM | 11GB GTX 1080 Ti | 1TB Samsung 960 Pro m.2 SSD | 2TB WD Black 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s HDD | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Dual Stage Liquid Cooling | 3 Dell S2716DG G-Sync monitors on Jestik Arc stand | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Logitech G Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, Throttles and Pedals

38 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

The 744 doesn't have the ECL, or a tail cam, or the EFB, or the keypad-based radios, or many of the other items that the newer Boeings have. Listing all of the things the plane doesn't have would be a list much longer than the Intro already is, I would argue.

What other function in the 744 gives you a hi-low chime to give you the impression that it has the function available in this regard?

I am neither talking about ECL nor about the EFB as you can clearly see.

I am talking about the fact, that the indroduction manual states in  the chapter UPDATE SUPPLEMENT  without making any difference between 744 and 748 :

"As the logon is occurring, the bottom right of the <PREFLIGHT
page will show *CXN SYNC. Once logged in, you will hear a
chime, and an accompanying EICAS message, and the prompt
on the <PREFLIGHT page will also show *DLINK ACT"

So I expected a chime sound as everybody else would probably... :)

Edited by Sekkha
  • Like 1