Sign in to follow this  
Sekkha

ZFW discrepancy FUEL/PAYLOAD pages on CDU3 -- 744

I just noticed the following on the 744 BCF.

I started a scenario which had been saved  with a ZFW  of   470.2 (LBSx1000) . Then I added fuel via the CDU -Menu. After that I got different ZFW indications on the PAYLOAD and on the FUEL  page in the CDU3.  While the FUEL page still showed 470.2, the PAYLOAD page was showing now 484.9

So which weight does the aircraft really have now ?   I finally entered again 470.2 on the PAYLOAD page to be sure, but this seems to be a little bug. doesnt it?

best regards

It appears this is related possibly to your saved scenario. It is always best to delete those when updated an aircraft as it can bug it out. I usually have all my aircraft in a default state that was set by pmdg or another developer.

I deleted all old Panel states after the update (or rather before it) .  So all saved flights are based on updated panel states. This should not be the problem here   

Edited by Sekkha

The key appears to be the action occurred when you added fuel.  I've not played with the BCF is a very long time, is it possible that when you added fuel that in order to maintain proper CG the PMDG fuel options added ballast fuel?  Since ballast is not burned isn't it part of your ZFW but not part of the payload?

I'd play with that one...empty the payload and add the same amount of fuel first then add the same amount of payload.  This might shift how the payload is distributed verses loading fuel second.

Edited by downscc

Dan Downs KCRP

hmm..

but in any case both pages should indicate the same ZFW at all times.  ZFW ist just a defined value, there cannot be two of them...

On the other hand I really dont find it a good solution, that payload is changed when fuel is added. Why should it ? A redistribution to keep CG within limits is a completely different  story, thats perfectly OK of course..

Which of the two ZFWs is displayed on the PERF page when you call it up?

I unfortunately overwrote the saved flight where that happend.  So I just tried to reproduce it with any other scenario but I couldnt......So I will just keep an eye on that if it happens again to see what special circumstances are related..

1 hour ago, Sekkha said:

I have the options such that I actually have to enter the ZFW on the PERF page   🙂

I could be wrong, but I thought the PERF  page option allowed entry of GW but the ZFW entry was always done by clicking on either the empty ZFW field or the carroted GW field, depending on weight measurement options, and that the ZFW was never manually entered.  I could be mixing things up with the -8F.

Dan Downs KCRP

Ah yes, you are right Dan, I forgot about that, Thanks !

Clicking on the empty ZWF field puts the value  into the scratchpad....

But anyway I cant check anymore which ZWF was the real one as I cant reproduce the situation so far..

20 hours ago, downscc said:

I could be wrong, but I thought the PERF  page option allowed entry of GW but the ZFW entry was always done by clicking on either the empty ZFW field or the carroted GW field, depending on weight measurement options, and that the ZFW was never manually entered.  I could be mixing things up with the -8F.

Pressing the lsk beside ZFW to put the actual ZFW in the scratchpad is a shortcut in the sim, so it isn’t the only means of entry. In the aircraft you need to enter either ZFW or GW. The other weight field will be automatically filled.

I didn’t think there was a user option to force manual entry of ZFW on the PERF page, but if there is the OP could see what ZFW the sim thinks is present by disabling it and pressing the lsk by ZFW. 

Edited by kevinh

ki9cAAb.jpg