Sign in to follow this  
Nigge

No buildings on airport map

Hello,

Just noticed today when going through the preview threads for the 747-8 that im missing the buildings in the airport map. Its just blank for me, but in the preview threads there are blue symbols for buildings.

Anyone else noticed this? 

7rdMLcM.jpg

/Niklas Eriksson

Edited by Nigge

Niklas Eriksson

it helps telling us which airport this is. but it depends on how the scenery designer created the airport afcad and they couldnt know that pmdg were going to use this with the B748.

Oh isnt that obvious, doesnt the world circle around my home airport ESSA ? (Just kidding, my bad) its ESSA by ORBX.

/Niklas Eriksson

Niklas Eriksson

3 hours ago, Nigge said:

Oh isnt that obvious, doesnt the world circle around my home airport ESSA ? (Just kidding, my bad) its ESSA by ORBX.

/Niklas Eriksson

Building showing depends on how the scenery developer has developed his scenery and what is shown in his ADE file

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

To add to Chris's exactly correct answer, most quality addon airports do not include the scenery objects in the AF file, the basic no-frills scenery that uses autogen or default objects may declare these items in the AF file but even in that case there is an option with the bgl compiler that allows the developer to separate scenery from the airport.

Bottom line, don't expect to see buildings.

Dan Downs KCRP

16 hours ago, downscc said:

To add to Chris's exactly correct answer, most quality addon airports do not include the scenery objects in the AF file, the basic no-frills scenery that uses autogen or default objects may declare these items in the AF file but even in that case there is an option with the bgl compiler that allows the developer to separate scenery from the airport.

Bottom line, don't expect to see buildings.

Thanks, yeah I was just thinking this that I havent seen buildings on hardly any airport at all. Well well its not a super important thing. 

Thanks everyone for clearing this out.

Niklas Eriksson

Only rectangular generic buildings will be shown on the airport map.

This means practically no buildings at all for add-on sceneries (since developers rarely use generic buildings) an only some buildings for default scenery (only rectangular ones).

This is due to limitations of the data included in the AFCAD files.

We have plans to improve this situation in the future with the help of add-on developers.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg