Sign in to follow this  
RockOla

30 mn CRJ9 flight from Montreal to Ottawa

Hi fellow pilots

AC8671 86 nm between Montreal and Ottawa, this is just about 20 mn in the air @FL120. I dont know if there is any shortest CRJ regular flight ?

Anyway, perfect to getting used to flying this aircraft, managing the intensive workload from pre flight checks to shutdown.

Short flight = few images. Here are 4 to summarize the mood of this cold, snowy flight.

638893577900e80d6c28229d9afcaf3f.jpg

748e5f06926b6056d257a3a3e0643bf5.jpg

09510bb9fd8e54e7a91a41a02de872af.jpg

70981c0c293ded6c7716d7b4d55767bd.jpg

c0c7287902fab46118deb50f945d7167.jpg

Edited by RockOla
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Looks great. I bought this aircraft only this week. A fair bit of workload compared to the 737 family.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Is this P3D?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Thank you all for taking the time to comment

This is P3D V4. The more I fly the CRJ the more I enjoy it. Brace yourself for more CRJ flight screenshots in the next weeks 😂

Nice post...  unique angles and good atmosphere!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thank you Ryan. I could not fly without EZCA anymore - it gives you full control over the views, and (at least for me) reduces the need for a trackIR solution.

22 minutes ago, RockOla said:

Thank you Ryan. I could not fly without EZCA anymore - it gives you full control over the views, and (at least for me) reduces the need for a trackIR solution.

+1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

On 10/23/2018 at 11:04 PM, RockOla said:

Thank you all for taking the time to comment

This is P3D V4. The more I fly the CRJ the more I enjoy it. Brace yourself for more CRJ flight screenshots in the next weeks 😂

This is the Aerosoft CRJ I assume? What's your verdict on it so far?

Edited by threegreen

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

12 hours ago, threegreen said:

This is the Aerosoft CRJ I assume? What's your verdict on it so far?

Its the Aerosoft CRJ

After 2 years of turboprop GA I wanted to switch back to regional airliners. But I did not want a full automated Airbus or Boeing, so I selected 2 aircrafts : Majestic Dash 8 and Aerosoft CRJ.

Being tired of turboprop sound and management I went for the CRJ 😂

I bought it a few weeks ago so did not encounter any of the early issues somes users reported.

I did not come across any major bug until now appart from Engine Starter 1 not lighting (happened once) and NAV disconnecting (could be my fault, did not sort this one out).

All in all, it is a great aircraft visually and flight dynamics-wise. Still learning to fly it smoothly but I enjoy every minute of each flight.

Edited by RockOla
typos

7 hours ago, RockOla said:

Its the Aerosoft CRJ

After 2 years of turboprop GA I wanted to switch back to regional airliners. But I did not want a full automated Airbus or Boeing, so I selected 2 aircrafts : Majestic Dash 8 and Aerosoft CRJ.

Being tired of turboprop sound and management I went for the CRJ 😂

I bought it a few weeks ago so did not encounter any of the early issues somes users reported.

I did not come across any major bug until now appart from Engine Starter 1 not lighting (happened once) and NAV disconnecting (could be my fault, did not sort this one out).

All in all, it is a great aircraft visually and flight dynamics-wise. Still learning to fly it smoothly but I enjoy every minute of each flight.

Thanks. I never really flew regional airliners before but I always liked the CRJs. Reading some reviews now.

Btw, are you using TomatoShade for the reflections on the CRJ?

Edited by threegreen

You have to keep in mind that the CRJ is not the modern aircraft that can fly by itself from 100 ft above the ground to autolanding.

No auto throttle, advisory VNAV, no auto landing, you have to actually pilot and monitor it constantly. If that is what you are looking for, make the jump !

29 minutes ago, RockOla said:

You have to keep in mind that the CRJ is not the modern aircraft that can fly by itself from 100 ft above the ground to autolanding.

No auto throttle, advisory VNAV, no auto landing, you have to actually pilot and monitor it constantly. If that is what you are looking for, make the jump !

That's a nice counterpart to the Boeings I usually fly that have all that. Looking forward to some more manual flights.

2 hours ago, threegreen said:

Are you using TomatoShade for the reflections on the CRJ?

Oh and I did not answer this : yes, I am using the Tomato advanced reflection profile found here (nice but a bit too reflective):

https://live-cockpits.weebly.com/reflection-profiles.html

I have yet to test the reflections profile found on the Aerosoft website (maybe less reflective):

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/4863-aerosoft-crj700900-tomatoshade-reflection-profiles/

• Like 1