Sign in to follow this  
jfri

Problem with A2A Piper Cherokee 180

I am unable to program buttons to many switches in this plane. I try to assign a button on my TM Hotas Warthog. In LINDA 3.03 for example I press a button which is detected by LINDA then I select the function Battery On for this button. But it does not work. The battery (master) is not affected by the programmed button. The same apply to many other functions (but not all) although for example Avionics on did work with the programmed button. I don't have this problem with for example the A2A C182 (FSX SE).

This problem occur in both FSX SE and P3D 2.5

If the button you are using is a press on/release off action then you need to use the _toggle or _cycle functions not the _on/_off functions. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

3 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

If the button you are using is a press on/release off action then you need to use the _toggle or _cycle functions not the _on/_off functions. 

The button I use is a two way switch on the throttle quadrant (EAC off arm) and it didn't work changing it toggle battery. Also this does not make sense to me. The avionics master switch is also an two way on off switch it it works in both position. Set it to on position switch on the Avionics and set it back to off switches it off. The same apply fot the battery in the C182. So why is it different in the Piper ?

With the LINDA joystick page open what happens when the switch is moved from position 1 to 2? Does it highlight one or two lines?

Usually the 2 positions are implemented as an OnPress (in one position) and an OnRelease (in the other). If this is the case, you need the _on function for the OnPress position and _off for the OnRelease position. 

I am working on the assumption that the module is correct. I do not have aircraft or joystick so I can not test it myself. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

17 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

With the LINDA joystick page open what happens when the switch is moved from position 1 to 2? Does it highlight one or two lines?

Usually the 2 positions are implemented as an OnPress (in one position) and an OnRelease (in the other). If this is the case, you need the _on function for the OnPress position and _off for the OnRelease position. 

I am working on the assumption that the module is correct. I do not have aircraft or joystick so I can not test it myself. 

It highlights one line (have never seen two lines being highlighted) where I can read Battery On as I have assigned it then alsp to the left Battery Off for the switch being turned off.

I don't understand what you mean by _on and _off function. I select among options available under default FSX.

14 hours ago, jfri said:

I select among options available under default FSX.

Wait … you have to select the special module assignments for the Cherokee, not the standard FSX assignments.

t7H2XQu.jpg

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 hours ago, guenseli said:

Wait … you have to select the special module assignments for the Cherokee, not the standard FSX assignments.

t7H2XQu.jpg

Wait. I do have corresponding two lines with entry for A2A_Piper_Cherokee but there is nothing to select except Edit Aircraft Module

Can you make a screenshot, please?

Guenter Steiner

Thanks,

you have no module installed!

Please download and install from here

Guenter Steiner