Sign in to follow this  
Mithras

Simshed Nimrod - Help!

Hi, I love this aircraft, but its only flaw for me is the smoke effects when pushing the throttles on take off, it cut fps from 30-40 down to 9-12. No I've looked at the Effects section in the cfg, but no smoke mentioned. I found a fx_nimrod_smoke.fx file in the FSX Effects folder, but on removal there is no effect (that file might have been imported with an AI Nimrod).

So what's generating the thick black smoke trails? And more importantly, how do I get rid of them... !!

https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=simshed+nimrod&CatID=root&Go=Search

I fixed it, thanks anyway! I redownloaded into a folder on my desktop so I could get a good luck at all the files, and lo! there were four MR2 smoke files destined for Effects. I went into FSX and deleted them. Bingo!

I'm downloading and will take a look.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

The smoke fx are named:

fx_MR2L_smoke_1.fx

fx_MR2L_smoke_2.fx

fx_MR2R_smoke_1.fx

fx_MR2R_smoke_2.fx

Remove those from your effects folder and to should be OK.

edit: I see you found them!

Edited by Dave CBFS

Dave Garwood.

Thanks Dave and Charlie, I should have kept on thinking it through before I posted. 

Only discovered this aircraft about a month ago and have made a few flights in it since - it's an exceptionally nice piece of freeware indeed with a great external model, very good VC, a nice soundset and, for anyone who likes to use the GTN750, the AP functions well with this. My only minor criticism is that it seems to rapidly accelerate to well above the VNE even in a fairly steep climb without a considerable reduction in power after take off which I suspect is not quite realistic for a Spey powered Nimrod but I am open to correction on its flight dynamics from anyone who is familiar with this aircraft! This however can be easily managed and doesn't detract from the fact that this is a GREAT add-on aircraft for which the clearly very talented Simshed development team deserve our gratitude.

Bill

I’m still flying this great aircraft, but continue to notice that the Simshed Nimrod taxis like its on uneven ground, no matter which airport I use. Is this just me? I do run Orbx Accufeel, and Im willing to consider that software might be responsible, but Im not sure how. 

Sorted, as expected it was Shock Absorber setting in Accufeel. 😝